• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Did you guys see the new Cat Catalyst?

The 998 is going to be in the matryx chassis because Polaris is smart enough to realize the 998 owners are going to follow that engine where ever it goes. They likely won't stay with cat and would probably transfer to doo instead of a turbo s4.

Wonder what Textron is going to do without a 998 in their ever shrinking sxs market.

And it's going to be hilarious seeing some cat/Yamaha dealers carry a Polaris sled. That will probably pull away even more cat customers.

My daughter said it best about riding the ProCross. Said it felt like a cow vs the others....
That's what I like about the ProCross... Being a big guy, anytime I ride a Doo, I feel like I'm on a kid's toy.
Screenshot_20220916-094636.png

or Maybe, they are designing a chassis just for the 4 stroke platform, since having one chassis fits all maybe cost effective, the benefits do NOT apply to the 2 stroke market. They need a specific chassis for each motor technology as skidoo does.

@MrSled , that lighting really changed the true color of the sled in your pictures. Great seeing you and Frank!

As far as the Catalyst, everything is changed and will be the weapon of choice this season.

We at Thunder have been officially working with CAT on getting the power to the ground and with our last dyno session with them, our changes to their clutching gained them 12.7 track hpr! Yes, track hpr! We have the videos of testing last season and the results would blow your mind the sleds that these little 600's took on.

The new Catalyst has also changed the center of weight towards the front about 5 inches more and also dropped the center some.

Those of you who haven't seen it in person or think that it's the same pro-cross chassis....you are truly misinformed.

Last thing, future plans of big engines are already underway.

@MrSled , that lighting really changed the true color of the sled in your pictures. Great seeing you and Frank!

As far as the Catalyst, everything is changed and will be the weapon of choice this season.

We at Thunder have been officially working with CAT on getting the power to the ground and with our last dyno session with them, our changes to their clutching gained them 12.7 track hpr! Yes, track hpr! We have the videos of testing last season and the results would blow your mind the sleds that these little 600's took on.

The new Catalyst has also changed the center of weight towards the front about 5 inches more and also dropped the center some.

Those of you who haven't seen it in person or think that it's the same pro-cross chassis....you are truly misinformed.

I like this update A LOT!!!! Thank you for sharing!

Can you tell, or do you know if yamaha engineers helped with designing or refining the catalyst? Any news if yamaha is going to have their version of the catalyst? Thanks

Can you tell, or do you know if yamaha engineers helped with designing or refining the catalyst? Any news if yamaha is going to have their version of the catalyst? Thanks
Only thing I can tell you is that Yamaha is not done.

Met with a bunch of engineers and of course big J at Hay Days. They are not going anywhere.

My hopes are new chassis

I think the big question is if Yamaha continues with Cat or goes elsewhere as rumored ( Polaris ).

I don't know why Yamaha can't just come out and say what their plans are. There's been rampant speculation since the inception of the Viper, been hundreds of pages wasted on this forum.
Why the secrecy all the time. Just lay it out....!

I don't know why Yamaha can't just come out and say what their plans are. There's been rampant speculation since the inception of the Viper, been hundreds of pages wasted on this forum.
Why the secrecy all the time. Just lay it out....!
I don’t deny that. I partly feel they have no idea where this was headed too tho.

I saw the new Catalyst at the NH grass/water drags last night.
I dont hate it. It actually looked pretty good to me. I know it was a pre-production unit but it seemed pretty well put together. It IS compact.

If Cat has it looking decent just think how good it will look if Yami gets their hands on it.

Why but a process chassis if it's going to end up in the matryx?

Back