• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Did you order an Apex Mountain

apex

just put a down payment on my new apex i ordered a blue one with reverse .i think im going to go with the alpine front mount turbo .but what do you guys think would be better that or a sc. and any body know how i can shave so weight off the sled cheep.

You likey know Wildchild in your town, but he is starting to make parts for Yami's now. I have his steering post/linkage for my TRX1, Thisltedoo also has his a-arms. If not you can get hold of him on snowest.

apex

Hell ya i know kurt i ride with him and he used to be my neibor .he builds some nice stuff .how do you like the parts he made for you?are you the guy he went to the big iron shoot out so he could try your turbo ?and do you know his user name i dont know it .how do you like the front mount on your sled do you recomend it .

I have not ordered yet. The wife said If I do not mention it until september I can buy a red APEX MOUNTAIN. I will tell you with a 16 year old son in the house that loves to sled it is hard for him and I not to talk about itCAN'T WAIT TILL SNOW FLIES.

YETI said:
I have not ordered yet. The wife said If I do not mention it until september I can buy a red APEX MOUNTAIN. I will tell you with a 16 year old son in the house that loves to sled it is hard for him and I not to talk about itCAN'T WAIT TILL SNOW FLIES.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that can't talk about stuff if i want it. if she says i can't get it, then i usually don't stop talking about it until september until she gives up and let's me get it. warning, do not try this at home, sofa gets awfully uncomfortable between now and september when wife is ticked and not talking to me cuz i'm buggin the he** outta her. lol good luck yeti. rj

apex

ya if you keep buging her youu will end up geting that sled noob .i still live with my parents so i had to excomunicate them for a while and it worked.so any bady have any idea for my new sled other then a turbo thatll come a bit later.

APEX

She would not make me sleep on the couch. She could just make life hard. But I blamed it all on you folks for saying so many good things about the APEX that I just have to have one and My oldest agrees. :4STroke: I have not even seen one yet other than on the computer. Thought I wanted a RX1 mnt. then the vector mnt. but I now know that the APEX is the one only a few more monthes to keep my mouth shut :D

apex

YA i bought one without even seeingg it or riding it i bought it all off what i read but now i need some ideas for lighter weight and the cool factor for cheep .im think twin 8 inch billet idlers

Either you guys with wives are impatient, aren't very good at convincing the wife or she is really stubborn. My wife is originally from Oakland, California. The first time I offered to take her sledding she thought I was crazy. Now she is hooked just as bad as me. She doesn't check the sled forums like me but, she is constantly complaining about no snow while impatiently waiting for winter.

Summitking, Kurt goes by the name Wildchild. Yes his stuff rocks, and the service is great. Better to deal with his wife, cheaper lol. If I was riding a Apex this year, it would have a MCX wherever turbo on it. They have been into turbing for 20 years on bikes and fuel injection too.

apex

ya kurt does do very good work .um is he on this forum and snowest or just snowest.red what do you think of powderlite and alpine turbo.i would kinda like to keep buying stuff localy and i know the guys who make em b.what are the benifits of a of the mcx other then experience .what did you pay for the parts you got off of kurt to were they reasnoble compared to everyone else or a better deal.

I think Kurt is just on the Snowest site, haven't seen him on here. There is a place in Edmonton that sells RX1 parts also. They want $460 for the steering post, linkage arm that goes down the right side of the detla box and alu bar the hooks all the tie rods ends together around the oil filter. They are made of alu, Kurt made the two post for me out of chromoly and powdercoated for $180. Not sure how much weight between alu to chr, but price is big. I know Julien, great guy. He was at local dealer the other day, told him the apex kit was going to good for 10lbs. There is nothing wrong with that. But once you get used to it, trust me you want more. That's why I just received my much bigger turbo, more boost. Dealer asked, what about 15lbs plus, at this time no more. Maybe by fall they will have higher boost figured out.

apex

really only 10 lbs of boost wow that seems low .when i talked to his mechanic he was thinkin more like 12 to 15 on pump gas thats wwhat dave from powderlite said his turbo is going ot put out to .well see which on i go with it will be neat to ride with some apexs with difrent turbos and see which one i like.what would be your choice if you were in my positio red keeping in mind im going to turbo it later in the season.

Well I did it

I ordered mine on sat. the dealer intown has one on order and it now has my name on it. $11732.70 with reverse and 4 year warranty plus tax out the door. :4STroke: :Rockon:

I just ordered the apex mtn in red a few days ago, but what I keep reading about is that everybody that's getting an apex can't get a turbo og sc on that thing fast enough! Is the stock sled absolutely worthless when we're talking power????? :o|

Back