• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Did you order an Apex Mountain

No, the power of the stock Apex is awesome. It's just that a lot of us already have, or have ridden turbo's. The extra power is very addicting, onceyou have boost you will always want it. ride it stock, you will be impressed.

Sounds good, I just got frustated when I read that everyone that was getting an apex, where pretty much only talking about getting a turbo or s/c. Gives you the impression that the stock apex, just might not have enough power. But how much does an average turbo or s/c cost then?

Rear mount MCX is $7000 CAD (260hp) A SC is $6500 CAD (180 or 190hp) We have sold a few where I work and they are going out stock, there are only a couple of turbo's, it gets pretty spendy on a new sled. Like I said before, I rode it stock and was very impressed.

Mountain Devil -- Stock will be just fine for most at 150hp with the new style chassis… Stage-I Mountain Apex SC is 240hp @ 10lbs boost running good fuel… $4995us was the last price I saw posted… Run lower compression (read give up bottom end and throttle response for top end) by adding pistons or head gaskets or shim and you could run that 240+ on pump gas also… Mountain Performance chooses not to do their kit in this fashion… Big tracks, instant throttle snap, and strong bottom end are the key issues for the mountain types so that is their focus with these kits… They are also a Western Regional Distributor for Bender Racing Turbos… If you want big numbers on the top end then a turbo is your best bet…

If you have questions call toll free: Mountain Performance 1-888-649-4609

MPI Supercharger kits: Stage-I 230+HP, Stage-II 280+HP, STAGE-III 350+HP

I was quoting pump gas #'s, they are all good for more with race fuel if you want to have to run race fuel. I don't know what hp the MCX is good for with race fuel and LC pistons. Hammer, those are not the #'s MPI are quoting, are they? I am just curious because the reason I decided not to put a SC on mine was because I was told 180hp.

This is an Apex Mountain thread so yes those are the numbers I got on the phone from MPI on the Apex Mountain SC kit.

Also listed on their home page >>http://www.mountainperformance.com/<<

Looking at the MCX kit:

Mitsubishi TD04HL 16T turbo
Muffler with very low flow resistance but still rather efficient to reduce noise.
Airfilter with K&N precharger to avoid snow and water coming in the turbo.
Strong CNC milled frame holding the turbo.
Precooler with airfins inside designed to be used with studs in the track.
Intercooler slightly bend, 27% more cooling area than the RX1 cooler from last year.
Plenum with 4 Bosch fuel injectors and a Mitsubishi blow off valve.
MCX EFI-box with Map-sensor. The box is fully adjustable as an option.
Thicker headgasket to allow high performance and reliability together with pumpgas.
Fuel pump bigger than stock, for installation inside the fuel tank.
Staninless steel exhaust link pipe.
MCX Trocoid scavinge oil pump driven by the crankshaft.
Oil filter adapter with filter.
Hoses, clamps and screws.

That's how they get 260 on pump. Lowering the compression with a thicker head gasket. You could do the same with a SC. I haven't researched the CFM or compressor maps of the mits 16T vs SC but I would bet they are in the same neighborhood. The MPI SC kit has pre-assembled, bolt-on, sub-assemblies. The Apex Stage-I kit uses re-programmed stock fuel/ignition system. Just plug the adaptor into the existing harness, bolt the sub-assemblies to the factory mounting points, and away you go. Some of the many reasons I chose this route. For all out HP I would have gone Turbo no question.

Two very long but very informative SnoWest threads:

>>http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk/messageview.cfm?catid=3&threadid=191815<<

>>http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk/messageview.cfm?catid=3&threadid=193165<<

So, if I went with a stage 1 SC and bought a thicker headgasket, what then? Where would I find pulleys, belts etc. and how would I calculate and get more fuel? Sounds like it would be a lot more tinkering than what I want. That's why there are choices, pump fuel with 260hp was my choice. Like I said before, I may have been tempted by a stage2 SC but was told they were not going to be available in Canada and MCX seemed to be the only ones that had a solid answer as far as fuel delivery.

So, if I went with a Stage-I SC and bought a thicker headgasket, what then?
Then you could run pump gas with the kit.
I may have been tempted by a Stage-II SC but was told they were not going to be available in Canada
Can't think of a reason why they wouldn't but I'll bet the Stage-IIs/IIIs will be late season so that's a good point. If you’re not willing to wait make another choice.
MCX seemed to be the only ones that had a solid answer as far as fuel delivery
MPIs answer to me on the Stage-I has been the same since day one, stock parts, re-programmable adaptor that plugs into the factory harness. Stage-II/III larger SC, larger injectors, fuel pump, adaptor that plugs into factory harness with custom mapping available via phone line if desired. I forgot what they said about compression because I'm not going there yet so I didn’t pay that close of attention. I think it was, pistons or head shim. I would go with pistons if I upgraded to a Stage-II and pistons/rods if I upgraded to Stage-III. Again, if you’re not willing to wait make another choice. There are plenty of choices out there.

Was too vague for me, had visions of sitting here in the new year, still waiting and frustrated. Should have my MCX next month and sled about the same time. A leisurely install(i'm fussy) will take twice as long as a SC but it's not like we have snow for a while. The head gasket is no big deal. the stock motor has a lot less "lag" than my RX1 and Vector had and I'm sure turbo'd will be just awesome. I never had any lag complaints with my Vector, most of the comments about lag have come from guys that don't have a turbo. You start talking Stage2 & 3 with new injectors, pump etc and pretty soon the SC is going to be lots more, not 500 less.

Mountain Devil said:
Sounds good, I just got frustated when I read that everyone that was getting an apex, where pretty much only talking about getting a turbo or s/c. Gives you the impression that the stock apex, just might not have enough power. But how much does an average turbo or s/c cost then?

Just wait till you ride it. I got to take one for a spin in some great powder. 20-30 inches of fresh powder on a 6 foot base and the sled ran awesome. Great flotation with, lots of power, and very nimble! ===SRXSRULE===

Back