• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Differences between 12-15

Is skid frame wheel placement the only difference between the 2011 and 2012?

2014 and newer came with Tuner skis and Dupont slides from the factory. Colors and graphics are about the only other differences that come to mind.
My 2016 apex xtx did not come with Dupont slides from the factory.

How did the wheel placement change from 11 to 12? I have an 11, any way i could move my wheels to be like a 12?

How did the wheel placement change from 11 to 12? I have an 11, any way i could move my wheels to be like a 12?

the 11 mounts are like the phazer ones where the mount and the spring end are part of the wheel mount. from what i remeber on my 2012-15 skid, they separated the spring and wheel mount to move the wheel further ahead on the rail. did not really affect slider wear as both skids wore at the tip-up at the rear the same.

I have no wear at the tip up on mine but yes the spring mount is all in one with the wheel mount on the 11 and they are separate on the 12 also the spindle location on the ski is different as well. 2012 and up skis are different.

Better off with single keel skis and aggressive snow trackers all my buds ditched the tuners. My bud has both 11 and 12 Apex xtx one red one black hyfax wear about the same on DuPonts.

From what I remember, yes.
I do believe there was a ski change from 11 to 12 as well that changed the placement of the spindle in the ski. In otherwords it was molded with the saddle further forward or back. Not sure which way.

But yes, as stated above, they actually seem to perform better than a tuner with the use of Snow Trackers or Dooleys

i think 12 had the tuners as i know my 11 did not but it was an updated/new ski.

Back