• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Differences between a 19 SRX and 19 Tcat?

Woody255

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Vmax4's
Hi all,
Aside from the clutches and cosmetics, are there any real differences between the SRX and Tcat/ZR9000 within the same model year? I have searched, and do not see anything obvious. I have heard the ECM’s are different, but I am not sure how/why. Thanks for your input.

Hi all,
Aside from the clutches and cosmetics, are there any real differences between the SRX and Tcat/ZR9000 within the same model year? I have searched, and do not see anything obvious. I have heard the ECM’s are different, but I am not sure how/why. Thanks for your input.
Gearing. SRX 21-41, CAT 24-50

Thanks DMC. Good point. Anything else that you are aware of?

Ski’s?

In 19 not a ton. Following year I believe thundercat went back to 1.25” track and I think stock ride height.

In 19 not a ton. Following year I believe thundercat went back to 1.25” track and I think stock ride height.
No the 20 has 1” track, lowered ride height changed after 19 , the front spindle design changed ,and rear skid mounting location changed , they are all lowered after 19, I think in 21 cat went with a 1.25 track and 22 also.

Last edited:
The 20 and later tcats still have a lowered ride height because they have same torsion springs and front ski shock springs. They have a higher ride height than 2019 and lower because of new front suspension. Same goes for the srx. They are both higher from 2020+ but lower than other sidewinder models of the same years.

Just a random thought..I wonder how the cats fare with a larger (24 vs 21 tooth) upper sprocket...need consistency to solve these issues. Pure Yamahas were consistent. Oil tanks leak on the seam, for example.

Just a random thought..I wonder how the cats fare with a larger (24 vs 21 tooth) upper sprocket...need consistency to solve these issues. Pure Yamahas were consistent. Oil tanks leak on the seam, for example.
Just a random thought sumpy, happy hour start a little early today?

Lol..I wish. Just saying even if something is consistently bad, it's easy to fix. Quality control. Some don't have the same issues with cats as others. Haven't heard if the cat sprocket wears like many yamacats. Like my screw was totally loose on the tensioner, almost disaster, while a friend's was loctited and had to heat it to break the bond. His was a 2017.

I changed my sprockets out to 24/45 Taylor gears, top sprocket wasn’t warn at 1200 miles, tensioner was fine, and that got tacked,my sled is a 2020,I see what you mean from sled to sled, the consistency between sleds,

Mine was slightly worn around 2500 miles, but we replaced it with one of the recommended bushings anyway. The screw being loose with no signs of any threadlocker on my 2018 was disturbing...lol.

Don't get caught up in the gearing difference,they have different clutches
absolutely right, the gearing differences make up for Cat's bigger diameter primary shaft driven by the bearing in there. Overall final starting and finishing ratio's are close

Back