• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Digging the MTX

5valve

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro, IQR, Redline’s, trailing-arm Polaris’s
I think this could be my daily driver. Take that tall paddle track off and stick a 1.5 inch on her. A little re-gearing and re-
clutching. I really like the ergos and the smoothness better than the 2012 procross turbo my buddy let me ride 3 weeks ago.
7ad50e706bf06e7d205c1e082d851b74.jpg

I think this could be my daily driver. Take that tall paddle track off and stick a 1.5 inch on her. A little re-gearing and re-
clutching. I really like the ergos and the smoothness better than the 2012 procross turbo my buddy let me ride 3 weeks ago.
7ad50e706bf06e7d205c1e082d851b74.jpg
I agree 100%. The Nytro ergos hard to beat. Rode back to back the other night, with a Sidewinder BTX, Which is a great sled. But something about those Nytros (with improved suspension).

This sled is a little on the loud side. Gonna pursue an under-tunnel set-up. Lots of research to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7311c7d32b43069aab13fd49bb6f0fc9.jpg

What's the backstory on the sled?

It’s a 2013 Factory Yamaha Hillclimb Racer. #789 Improver Class sled. Runs really strong. Has the trick front suspension. Both rear suspension air shocks have double reservoirs with clickers. Port Washington Yamaha got it from a factory auction. Has Power Commander fuel & ignition modules as well as an O2 sensor & module to monitor the fuel mixture.

It’s a 2013 Factory Yamaha Hillclimb Racer. #789 Improver Class sled. Runs really strong. Has the trick front suspension. Both rear suspension air shocks have double reservoirs with clickers. Port Washington Yamaha got it from a factory auction. Has Power Commander fuel & ignition modules as well as an O2 sensor & module to monitor the fuel mixture.

Sounds like fun! Was surprised to see an MTX chassis with that front end.

That front end changes everything. I never liked the original front clip that yamaha put on the consumer Nytro. This race front suspension totally changes the sled’s personality.

The front end changes really helped my Nytro - I've still got the stock subframe (gusseted), but I upgraded to set of Mountaintech's 41" crossover a-arm setups and removed my swaybar. I made a couple suspension adjustments during the off season and my sled handles so much better this year!

Got the 1.5 on. The Maverick is in the foreground

670d64a673c7f2ad649547c3a1f1a455.jpg
cedace64fedc4ef037cc7d3472e93403.jpg
Duponts are on.

Got the ice scratchers & RotoPak in place...
501a575c0a83299baa6b0f70fed00cdb.jpg

Today, I’m gonna pick up the new chain & sprocket gearset. Gotta bring down the cruising rpms....

That front end changes everything. I never liked the original front clip that yamaha put on the consumer Nytro. This race front suspension totally changes the sled’s personality.

I agree on the front clip, amazing difference in steering and handling. I finished installing one this year. You can push it hard at high speed through corners on uneven terrain moguls etc, it stays true and flat.

Back