• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ding - Ring the bell win a prize...

Ding

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Black & Blue
Looking up some tech info for older Yamaha sleds (yes I still wrench) I ended up on this site. Been quite a while, so I thought I would say Hi and see if anyone responds. Kinda neat just reflecting back on TY Rides of past years and remembering different ones. So many came to mind, way too many to mention but a few stand out.

Tom (Mr Sled) - Many kudos for keeping this site alive nearing 20 years. We all owe a great deal of gratitude to you.

Dave (ViperDave) - Rode many miles just ahead or behind of you - always a great help on the site and at the rides.

Scott (OnlyBlue) RIP - So sad to hear of his unexpected passing near Sturgis SD - always friendly and a big help at the rides. Sorry he didn't like the nickname we gave him, but he was born to be a MC and never needed a microphone. I am sure he is greatly missed at the rides.

and so many more - not even sure they still attend the rides - pro116, buddah, richierich, nospro, crewchief47, and on and on (sorry if I missed your name)

Hello to all - newcomers and old - I am going to make one of these rides either this year or next even if I have to drive a 2 stroke off-trail sled. Riding mostly in the mountains out west I just rent sleds. I wish I could find a place that rents Sidewinders in the UP. Be cool to see what y'all are talking about.

Hey Steiner - I did get older, but not any faster or wiser... LOL

Guess I have been gone long enough few remember me... Maybe that is a good thing LOL

Ding!! I remember meeting and riding with you along with Snocross Dave. Probably back in 09 or '10. Man met a lot good peeps on those rides!!

Are you the one who rode the Skidoo and then the SRX 600? I remember the ride that Dave hurt his leg. I was lined up to go off the same jump right after Dave crashed when Dave Buckler waved me off. We were getting some big air for back in those days.

No, I had a white Nytro Xtx. I know guy your talking about but can't remember his name though. And I do remember being at that ride.

I think Meyer Yamaha in ishpeming may rent sidewinders

Picture I found...

16720007.JPG

rode that back to the bar at big springs at 40-50 mph like that with sappling killer standing on the skis steering the front sled.

Back