• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dipstick

YammieMan

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2003 Yamaha RX1
Hey guys, a question about the oil dipstick, when I took out the dipstick to check the oil I noticed that it moves up and down rather hard. And the black thing inside the dipstick is lose. How do these dipsticks work? And can they malfunction? I have an 03 rx1

It's a float I believe.so no oil and it won't float up and warning light will be switched on

Hey guys, a question about the oil dipstick, when I took out the dipstick to check the oil I noticed that it moves up and down rather hard. And the black thing inside the dipstick is lose. How do these dipsticks work? And can they malfunction? I have an 03 rx1

Anything can malfunction but I've never read a report of one malfunctioning on TY and we complain about everything.

I just ordered a new Yamaha dip stick for my 03 RX-1 and nothing moves up and down on it. can anyone show a picture of what moves?

It’s not supposed to move.. it’s not a float style dipstick;)!

It’s not supposed to move.. it’s not a float style dipstick;)!
Thank you Fabio I just bought the sled and the cap on the bottom was missing and the whole thing was moving up and down I figured it was broke and ordered a new one.

Back