• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ditch the air?

jminor1

Expert
I just bought an 11 se and I question if the floats are an upgrade over coil overs.. More specifically is the rear megafloat a good ride? I'm 185lbs any thoughts?

I have a '12 SE, and it came with the same MegaFloat....and for lighter riders like myself as well, it was basically a death wagon. I'm 185 lb and to find the compilation of air pressure to work was impossible. The sled would basically and literally shoot from one side of the trail to the other, always for no reason.

And before anyone chimes in and tells you that you just don't have it dialed in, and all the other bs....it's about the weight of the rider. The Apex with the mega handles fine for bigger guys.

Second: if you stud your track, and the mega fails....what then? You rip your exchangers up.

Here's my solution:

Call HyGear and see what they can replace it with. I do not believe they are messing with trying to correct the shock itself. I have a Ohlin with the electronics ripped out, with their spring kit, and valved to my weight.

Add studs and tunnel protectors, switch skis to Curves with 6" slim jims. Add HyGear remote dampers to the fronts.

The MegaFloat sucks. It simply does not work for light guys like us.

Q. Arrius

Any std coil shock from the tunnel adjust mono shock will be a direct fit. You could then use my adjustment tool for adjustments so you don't have to mount the tunnel adjuster. I have some good used shocks here if you decide to go that route.

What's the adjustment tool? How much you want for a shock? I have a buddy here that has front takeoffs from his vector does anyone know if the vector shocks are the same as the apex?

Any std coil shock from the tunnel adjust mono shock will be a direct fit. You could then use my adjustment tool for adjustments so you don't have to mount the tunnel adjuster. I have some good used shocks here if you decide to go that route.
Just installed my RA block off kit with adjuster key- slick easy install and as an added bonus- cleans up the tunnel. Thanks Travis!

Back