• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Does a 2011 Apex have exhaust donut and slide wear issues

jimdvfd

Looking to upgrade to a 2011 Apex from an 06. Did Yamaha fix the exhaust donut and slide wear issues in 11's?

Re: Does a 2011 Apex have exhaust donut and slide wear issue

jimdvfd said:
Looking to upgrade to a 2011 Apex from an 06. Did Yamaha fix the exhaust donut and slide wear issues in 11's?

I have a 2011 Apex XTX with 2600 miles.
I changed the donuts only because I had problems with my 07 Atack GT at 2200miles. Donuts were shot and the header was cracked,
After, disassembling the components on my 2011, I found the donuts to be very good with very little wear. Since the sled was apart, I did change to new donuts even though they didn't need it.
It also depends upon how you ride, jump, etc.
Jim

My parents have a 2011 and one 2012 and I added larger wheels to them both about 800 miles on poor conditions is what they got. Them new du pont slides I have heard nothing but good things about.

All I have had so far is a set of slider plastic at 2600km. I put oversize wheels on it and it seems to be holding up better but I will not be able to tell until the end of the season. I just put stock plastic back on it.

11000 k on my 2011 xtx , no donut or pipe issues. 4th set of sliders on it now !

I hear that the 2011 XTX eats sliders still...I have the shorter 128" track and I'm going on 5500 km on the slides. Last time I checked, they were 1mm fom the limit just in front of the idler wheels.

I didnt' experience any blown gaskets issues on mine. Yes the 11 eats slides ! Excell wheels fix this issue 95% , the Dupont slides might take care of the other 5% lol. I didn't run the Dupint slides . In fact , I didn't have to replace my slides in 5K km's after installing the Excell wheels . Available at Ulmer racing ,, Great people , awesome products !!

8000 km [5,000 miles] on a 2011 SE.

Slides still great as are the Donuts.

;)!

Re: Does a 2011 Apex have exhaust donut and slide wear issue

jimdvfd said:
Have 5000 miles on my 2011xtx factory slides excell wheels.

13,700k on my 2011 Apex 128", changed the donuts out after 3 seasons just because, they old ones were showing some wear on the bottom of the donut but the rest of it look like new.
128 are far better on sliders then the XTX, on my second set, typical yamaha, they wear down to a point and stop.
Kaz

Have two 11 xtx's both needed donuts at 10K miles, added bigger wheels and DuPont slides have about 7K miles on this setup.

i've got 7300km and no problems with exhaust. replaced my exup cables last week, like others the slider issue was taken care of with bigger idlers and 2 sets of marginal wheels, one at the front and one set at the rear before the bend. the set of sliders after the upgrades are now at 3500km. i'm thinking of replacing them before i go back out but i will measure them first to see where i'm at. i am not sold on the duponts yet. wondering about the wear on the clips when riding in low snow conditions. i would rather replace sliders then replacing clips or the track. i might try them later. ;)!

Just purchased a 2011 gt 128. I definitely have a exhaust issue. Hope its just the donuts. Sled has close to 8,000 miles on the clock. It makes noise like its rattling but dose seem to go away after it starts to warm up running a minute or two. It however didn't pass the plug the exhaust and stall test. Exhaust needs attention. Time to let the fun begin.

All that said I do have a 06 I've done the exhaust on it 2 times and was covered once under warranty. Should be the same but different time will tell. Any pointers compared to the 06-10s? Oh also I like how the seat came off but that's as far as I got warmer days ahead.

Did find lots of information exhaust valve including how to adjust exhaust valve video. Is this something that should just be removed or adjust and leave alone?

Any other information regarding the exhaust on the 11s and newer I greatly appreciate. Should I start a new thread?

Thank you everyone its wrenching season.

Much easier on the ‘11+ sleds, seat comes off in seconds, rear plastics come off in one piece as a “pod”. I put donuts on my old ‘11 at about 6000 miles, but it didn’t really need them yet, just added an Ulmer header. This fall at about 12 000 miles the sled needed one flex pipe due to cracking, but the donuts and header were still perfect.

Hopefully its just donuts or a flex pipe. Header got to be spendy. Header eliminate donuts or just the exup valve? Add any power?

Back