• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Does your Nytro front end dart or feel twitchy -here's a fix

Nytro40th said:
Got mine installed with the oft what a noticeable difference. I set mine to two so the spindles are to the rear more and left the camber stock. Best three hundred bucks I have spent. Thanks Hygear.

This is the same setup I used on mine. I have tuner skis as well. I have only run about 60 miles with the slycast setup. I handles great going down the trail but I'm getting a slight dart when I jump hard on the brakes. I shortened the rear snuber strap one hole. I'm waiting for a head gasket right now, so my unit is all over the garage.

I'll try the same settings you guys started with for my baseline with the slicast . 1975, you pulled your rear strap up one, curious where your front strap is set.

birdmayon said:
I'll try the same settings you guys started with for my baseline with the slicast . 1975, you pulled your rear strap up one, curious where your front strap is set.

I'm set right in the middle holes on the fron strap.

I can comment a bit, but not sure how helpful it'll really be. I never rode the Nytro w/out the slicast a arms so I can't compare. That said, I've got a set of Curve xs with 4" round bars and the slicast a arms and my nytro handles very well. I set the caster like the above folks (two notches, tilting the spindles more rearward) and I have 3 washers on the outside, 1 on the inside for camber. Keep in mind, this is on a 2008, not sure of the differences between the 08 and 09 spindles or how my settings would translate to an 09 or later. Both limiter straps set to stock. Steering is a bit on the heavy side but nothing I can't live with. Had minor darting here and there depending on conditions, but never to the point of being dangerous, just minorly annoying and I don't think any worse than any other sled out there. The sled tracked predictably, was steady, to the point that I could ride with one hand as long as I wasn't in the middle of woops. I'd read horror stories of white-knuckle handling, terrible darting, unpredictable handling etc in stock form and can tell you that I experience none of that with the setup described above.

Back