• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

doo 1200, does it have low oil level indication

4strokes

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 winder xtx 09 nytro xtx 06 apex gt
I am Yamaha all the way. was trying to figure out if there is low oil level light or just low pressure. I am well aware that this is sidewinder forum, but there is more IQ here than all of skidoo combined and I couldn't find an answer. I assume because it is not dry sump that it does not.

No it doesn't. It has a dipstick to check the oil.

with that said, if it were low and the light to come on at speed, it would be toast? or throw a rod at some point?

Unless it was just a bad pressure sensor.

Unless it was just a bad pressure sensor.
Not to be dramatic, but have some buddies on a trip and so I am told, light came on during a nice high speed 10 mile run. I would guess its not a false indication. that's 4 of 4 doos in 2 trips... how's that working out? What to doo with all the yellow riding gear? I'll stick to my yamacat and predisesors, thanks you...

Looking in my 09 xr book ,it says engine speed is limited to 4500 rpm if there is low oil pressure ,and depending on gauge LOW OIL will show along with 4 short beeps every 2 minutes .The switch activates if oil pressure falls between 2.9psi and 5.8psi

that sounds like a level indication. I would assume oil pressure would shut it off. How stupid would that be for it to let itself run? That's why I posted here, I figured someone here would know the facts.

They do not have level indication, only oil pressure and like KRM said they will let themselves run as long as you want with a 4500rpm limit. My buddies 1200 shattered the oil pump gear 4 years ago in -45c weather and he drove it for approx. 15-20 minutes like that. I helped him change the gear which is a pain in the #*$&@ and the sled is still running today with over 10,000km's on it.

Back