• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag n Fly help

chadman

Expert
I need to get the rpms up on my 2012 apex. I am jumping to 10100 ish out of the hole and will slowly go to about 10400 and will not go any higher and I will let off at 85 mph. Where do I need to take off weight to get the rpms up? I only have 330 miles on this sled and I know that it is not fully broke in and things will change but I can make that adjustment when that time comes. I extended to a 136 and went to a 23 tooth top gear.

Not much experience with the flys but I would take a gram off mid range and one off top end as they call it in the instructions. Then see where you get to after 1,000 mi.
Were you on good hard PAC? They will usually run more RPM the harder the PAC is also.

I was out on a lake and there was 3 to 4" of drifted snow and some small bare ice spots but, mostly snow. The problem I have is not knowing what section of these weights controls what area of the rpm. My engagement is where I want it to be and my rpm stays roughly the same, I just need to drop a little weight at 1 or 2 areas.

Based on Heelclickers recomendations, and assuming you have the short track set up, you could remove 2grams from the overdrive and 1 gram from the center locations. Also you may want to try the same secondary spring/helix as the Attack or even the XTX to see how they differ. This might seem dumb, but an over tight track will pull rpms also.

Attachments

• heelclicker yamaha.pdf
    96.2 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:
Best advice is to call Allen at ulmer racing and let the clutching be done by a professional.. trust me and others..he can help you without throwing money away. Jm2c

I had talked to Allen and he said putting the weights from my 07 apex into my 2012 should be fairly close and only have to make some minor adjustments on the weights.

I need to get the rpms up on my 2012 apex. I am jumping to 10100 ish out of the hole and will slowly go to about 10400 and will not go any higher and I will let off at 85 mph. Where do I need to take off weight to get the rpms up? I only have 330 miles on this sled and I know that it is not fully broke in and things will change but I can make that adjustment when that time comes. I extended to a 136 and went to a 23 tooth top gear.
What is your current set up?

try this BPB spring no weight on the D&F engine will respond faster a weight lost of 115gr on rotation mass from the original set up top speed 105 on soft snow -13 tempeture

Back