• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag n fly, my setup

yamahahaapex

TY 4 Stroke Master
Running 3.7heel, 5.2 center, 3.2 tip, 4.2 overdrive

white spring

pc111, ign mod, ulmer air box

have yet to run it like this as there is no snow yet but would someone like to share there setup and how it worked out for them.

2007 Attak

This is the set up I was running at the end of last season.

1 bolt / 3 washers - arm
1 bolt /2 washers - tip
1 bolt /1 washer - center
empty over drive

This was rocking on my 08 Apex GT. I also installed Ulmers Trial Performer package at the end of the season and have yet to see whether this set up will need to be adjusted or not. I've been waiting for winter to return since April!

yeah i think we just need to get some snow and get the testing done, Turk has given me some insight on this and it sounds like Im heading in the right direction with minimal adjustments

I'm planning to be out for the first ride of the season this coming weekend. Should be able to comment after that.

Ran my set up this weekend against buddies Apex. He's clutched, but not D&F's and no Trail Performer package from Ulmer. He's got stock Rip Saw, I've got a Cobra. Both sleds are short tracks, unstudded. Last year we were very close. Just depended on conditions. After adding the PCIII, Power Commander and modded air box, I pull him solidly in any condition. RPM's run to about 10,800, then climb to about 11,100 using the set up mentioned in an earlier post. Doesn't look like I'll have to change anything on the clutching.

OK first run of the year on ice/wet snow,it was perfect ice last week,than we got 2" crapy snow on top to ruin my hard clean ice for top speed runs. To top off thingd it was 50 degrees out today,and what ice i was able to hit while running was getting punky and soft,so my speeds were very slow compared to what they would of been if it was clean hard ice,and its only 2500 ft from shore to shore so about 1500-1800 ft to run before i was out in the willie wacks trying to stop. Well this year the sled got the new 1.25 iceripper xt track,and new rail that was cracked,so when my dealer had it in there shop doing warrenty work it felt compelled to change my slides sense that was the only money he was to get from me,i was pissed when he told me he changed out my slides,as i had them perfect for top speed at 1900 miles,and were wore in just right,well now they were sticking bad and they had the track way to tight to boot,and i did not feel like wrenching on anything on christmas eve. With my dfw set up from last and now the 23 top gear i changed to,new rear radiator,and mushing thru 20 feet of drifted snow to get to 20 feet of ice its best speed was 109 gps for 123-125 dreamometer, running black spring 4.2 shoulder 5.2 in center 4.2 in tip and 4.2 in o.d. this will get better with some more break in on the slides and track stretching.

Nice posts guys, we got a bit more snow out here, havent had a chance to test out against an F8 I raced last year but im thinking in a couple weeks i'll know

yamahahaapex said:
Nice posts guys, we got a bit more snow out here, havent had a chance to test out against an F8 I raced last year but im thinking in a couple weeks i'll know
Have you had a chance to finally run your set up for any distance yet?

The Bismarck said:
Any more news on these setups?
I have one that works good using the blk spring,complete kit f/s 200 bucks includes a new belt.

Thanks snowbeast but I already have the weights just like to see what combinations other people are running and how there working. Why are you selling?

The Bismarck said:
Thanks snowbeast but I already have the weights just like to see what combinations other people are running and how there working. Why are you selling?
Sled was junked.

Back