• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dreaded Code 43 - tried everything

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX - 144
Hi all,

2009 Nytro XTX, was doing some preventative maintenance and it bit me in the #*$&@. After reading in this forum about how corroded the starter relay can get I thought I'd check mine. The sled started and ran perfectly prior. Anyway the starter relay was super corroded and green as well as the white plug with the female ends. I pulled it all aprat, cleaned it, but it back on and it would crank and crank but no fire plus code 43 flashing. Went out got a brand new relay, same thing. Read on here it's often the female connectrors that lose grip, made sure those are on tight - same thing. I already have the red fuel pump relay, but I swapped it with the very first one to make sure - still nothing. Checked for fraying or cut wires at the problem spots - nothing, I checked and cleaned the ignition plug/connector as well to no avail. If I jump the starter relay it cranks but doen't fire - much like with key.

I have read 50 threads with this issue and it's always a frozen fuel relay or the starter/solenoid being corroded. Mine does not appear to be any of these. Any other suggestions? What to test for? I'm super bad at electrical so talk to me like I'm a little slow lol. Thanks!

Check for 12 volts at the fuel pump relay on the Red with Green tracer wire. Do this test while you turn the key on as then it will be calling for load.

Update: tested the red wire with green tracer as per suggestion above and nothing. But upon doing that I was like wait a minute what red wire with green tracer? I dont have that coming out of the solenoid…hmmm. Rip that wiring sleeve that plugs into the solenoid and sure as #*$&@ there it is. It got so corroded in the white plug it broke off and since it was shorter than the other two wires going into the solenoid it went back up into the sleeve and i couldn't see it. I didn't even know there was 3 wires going into the solenoid. Really dumb, I know. But hopefully this helps somebody down the line.
Thanks @74Nitro for the guidance.

Last edited:
Update: tested the red wire with green tracer as per suggestion above and nothing. But upon doing that I was like wait a minute what green wire with green? I dont have that coming out of the solenoid…hmmm. Rip that wiring sleeve that plugs into the solenoid and sure as #*$&@ there it is. It got so corroded in the white plug it broke off and since it was shorter than the other two wires going into the solenoid it went back up into the sleeve and i couldn't see it. I didn't even know there was 3 wires going into the solenoid. Really dumb, I know. But hopefully this helps somebody down the line.
Thanks @74Nitro for the guidance.
I figured it would lead you back to that solenoid power source.
Happy to help.

Back