• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dreaded reverse forks!!!!

Terryh17

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha apex
I was ready for a war after reading how much of a pain the reverse forks can be when putting the chain case cover back on. Read a few tips and I don't know if it was first time luck or magic hands but it slid in like butter the first shot. It went in so easy I was afraid it was not in properly. Threw in a few bolts and tested it it before putting it all together lol.

I was ready for a war after reading how much of a pain the reverse forks can be when putting the chain case cover back on. Read a few tips and I don't know if it was first time luck or magic hands but it slid in like butter the first shot. It went in so easy I was afraid it was not in properly. Threw in a few bolts and tested it it before putting it all together lol.

Maybe it was all the pre planning and great advice on the site!! Good mojo..LOL

Couldn't agree more! @MrSled the help here from you and others has been amazing. As a licensed truck mechanic I learned along time ago that you can do almost anything with simple hand tools and a little know how. That being said more tools and some inside information makes life a hole lot easier!!!!

yea.. that utube video on the chain case is great too. Shows close up of the fork going into the groove.. I want to install a new track so being first time in the chain case I'm sucking all of this in.

My memory is going, lol, but I've done several..a couple last year, and it goes on easy when right. I disconnect the linkage on the side, forget which link, but then feel how it comes off, and then just use that same motion putting it back. In fact, practice it before you continue with disassembly. But that's just me.

Oh man your so lucky. 4 hours of hair pulling punching screaming eye popping attempts .then fo no reason.....after trying it in that EXACT pisition 500 times already....it popped into place. Wow. Never again. I will sell it the next time i gotto do that again. Holly crap......yamaha what were u thinking.

Oh man your so lucky. 4 hours of hair pulling punching screaming eye popping attempts .then fo no reason.....after trying it in that EXACT pisition 500 times already....it popped into place. Wow. Never again. I will sell it the next time i gotto do that again. Holly crap......yamaha what were u thinking.
I think I had an issue on a nytro last year, but stopped and remembered how I did it before and it went right on. Sorry, but I can't remember what the hangup was, as I did have it figured out. I have to do a vector in a week or so and I'll pay attention to any trick 'feel'.

Back