• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drive chain - Borg Warner review

Redbeard

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex, 136 M20, PB80
2008 Vector, 136 M20, PB80
Are the drive chains, used in Delta box sleds, manufactured by Borg Warner, and classified as HY-VO type, 3/4 wide?

Last edited:

Thank you, sir! ;)!

Np. This is according to a 2006 Yamaha technical update book that I have, so I can't say with 100% certainty that all years are like this, but I would think so.

I ordered a genuine, Borg Warner drive chain for $67, shipped. It's an exact match to the high mile chain I'm replacing.

Thank you again.

Screenshot_20191117-060020_Gallery.jpg

where did you buy it for that price?
Long story short; I decided to gear-up my Apex, which requires a longer drive chain. I started this thread to confirm what type of chain these sleds use.

I use Team (now Venom Products) driven pulleys on my Apex and Vector. I was researching their website, and noticed they offer a wide variety of drive chains, with part number and price displayed for each. Out of curiosity, I searched Ebay for the chain I needed, and found a handful of vendors (I assume Team dealers) that stocked it. I took the plunge and chose the cheapest vendor. It appears to be the real deal, and was in new, unopened packaging.

The pics below are screenshots of the Team website page and the ebay listing I used.

20191121_071229.jpg
20191121_024011.jpg

Last edited:
Long story short; I decided to gear-up my Apex, which requires a longer drive chain. I started this thread to confirm what type of chain these sleds use.

I use Team (now Venom Products) driven pulleys on my Apex and Vector. I was researching their website, and noticed they offer a wide variety of drive chain lengths, with part number and price displayed for each. Out of curiosity, I searched the part number for the chain I needed on Ebay, and found a handful of vendors (I assume Team dealers) that stocked it, at varying prices. I took the plunge and chose the cheapest vendor. It appears to be the real deal, and was new, in unopened packaging.

The pics below are screenshots of the Team website page and the ebay listing I used.

View attachment 150698 View attachment 150699
Gotta love Ebay!

At this time, I'm going to give my $67 Ebay drive chain two thumbs up. Just shy of 2,000 miles this winter, and all is well! I made one tension adjustment half way through the season, but it hadn't stretched much. This is a genuine Borg Warner chain.

20191213_175347.jpg

Back