• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drive gear assembly 2020 sidewinder xtx

Nosey

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
2020 sidewinder xtx in need of drive gear assembly.The machine is at the dealer now .The dealer said can’t get part until June any help would be appreciated.

Parts needed for 2020 sidewinder xtx drive gear
8PC-E769A-41-00 QTY 1
8JP-G7614-00-00 QTY 1
Hopefully a kind soul could save my season

I have a couple of upper gears at home. Let me check to see what they are. I believe 21 tooth

I believe the proper part numbers should be"
8KC-E769A-41-00 drive sprocket assembly
8JP-G7614-00-00 shoe[I would think you will need 2 of these]

I would try Partzilla or other Yamaha online parts sources
You also could try Arctic Cat parts suppliers like Country Cat and see if they have the Arctic Cat equivalent parts....you would have to figure out which cat model had the same gear

DMC supplies brass shift fork pads and top gears as well...you could get replacements from them that are superior to OEM

If you just need a new bushing in that gear, source one from your local auto parts store.
One inch inner by one inch long by 1.25 outer diameter

you actually have a 24 tooth top gear.....i just went through this on my sled lol. My advice is to get the DMC upper gear from a reliable vendor like Turbo Dynamics, you will be much happier in the long run. Any other questions and you can shoot me a PM, ive had my chaincase apart so many times this season, i am very well versed.

DMC also happens to make the little pads that go on the shift fork, i believe that is what you mean by shoe?

you actually have a 24 tooth top gear.....i just went through this on my sled lol. My advice is to get the DMC upper gear from a reliable vendor like Turbo Dynamics, you will be much happier in the long run. Any other questions and you can shoot me a PM, ive had my chaincase apart so many times this season, i am very well versed.

DMC also happens to make the little pads that go on the shift fork, i believe that is what you mean by shoe?
Yes, with the shoes too. I don't know about anybody else, but the factory ones can be difficult to get on without breaking.

Csnow - can I ask how many miles on the sled and how did you know it need the part. Thanks

Wow great support great site
You guys are awesome
I’m going to have the dealer count the teeth
Yes two pads are needed looks like dmc is has the parts I need .
24 teeth for the top gear is correct I had the dealer count the teeth To make sure .
You guys saved my season .Thanks everyone Including Dmc and ty4

Csnow - can I ask how many miles on the sled and how did you know it need the part. Thanks
About 2500 miles dealer confrontation for parts
It’s my understanding that this is a common problem at around 2500 miles
Was in the up riding around New Years went from reverse to forward sled made stripping sound went back into reverse back into forward noise went away .
Later upon start up made a stripping sound upon acceleration.I stopped put sled in reverse back to drive noise went away.(should have taken to dealer when I got back.)Week later back in up cruising at 70 bumped it up to 90 thought belt popped.Not the case.
Took sled to dealer just got confirmation of parts needed .
Before sled broke down I thought I could here something not right but not a stripping sound just sounded more the gears not quite meshed up correctly.

make sure your dealer welds your roller bolts when he is in that case. No better time.

Dealer is replacing all associated parts including the parts I am supplying from Dmc. I have the extended warranty.
Dealer said chain was stretched as well

The bolts that hold the chain tensioner roller in place have a tendency to work there way loose. Tack welding the screw head on both sides is a very worth while mod. If dealer won’t do it go get it and do it your self. I think it’s not a matter of if it will happen as when it will happen

Wow great support great site
You guys are awesome
I’m going to have the dealer count the teeth
Yes two pads are needed looks like dmc is has the parts I need .
24 teeth for the top gear is correct I had the dealer count the teeth To make sure .
You guys saved my season .Thanks everyone Including Dmc and ty4
It is amazing how helpful this site is...no matter what your experience level is there is always someone with help.
I have learned so much off Totallyamaha that has improve my sledding experience and maintenance issues.:);)!
A common bond here is everyone wants to help.

Back