• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drive light goes out, sled goes into limp mode / 3K rev limit

DigitalFusion

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
14 Viper LTX, 10 Turbo Phazer MTX, 08 Phazer, 88 SnoScoot
Hey All,

I just picked up a project sled. Its a 2010 MTX with a boondockers turbo on it. The PO said that the green drive light would go out, and the sled wouldnt rev past 3K. He said it wouldnt actually loose drive, just hit the limiter. He claims it started doing this after he took the reverse servo out when he had the whole thing apart to fix the starter. That doesn't make any sense to me, but I took the gamble and ended up purchasing it.

It starts right up, runs fine. It even was able to drive into my garage from the driveway. I have been told that its not uncommon for the reverse servo to get fubar'ed with the boondockers kit since the turbo manifold is damn near touching the servo. I am about pull the servo and test it (https://ty4stroke.com/threads/reverse-testing.109645). Just wondering if anyone else have any other thoughts on what else could be causing this.

I went through the fiche. The only thing I could find that might be it, is the neutral switch? That doesnt seem right tho. It seems it would have to be part of the reverse servo?

Back