• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Driver install question

MikeAttakNYC

Expert
Today ill be taking my driveshaft to a local dealer Action Yamaha to have my stock drivers pressed off and my new wahl bros 9t no slip drivers installed. When they press the new ones on, do the old outermost cogs go back on as well, or do I now only run the 2 wahl bros drivers in the middle instead of (4) the stock set up by keeping the outer ones as well? Thanks

I instpected the shaft it looks like it's in pretty good shape. All the bearings are in real good shape too, except the speedo bearing, which i will replace. I have a question though does anyone know the exact location (measurement from either end) that the wahl brothers drivers must be at? Ty

Chaincase end is 6.5" to the center of the drivers.

Clutch end is 4.5" to center of the drivers.

You should have 8-7/8" on center between the drivers.

Changed drivers on all the 3 RX-s I've owned, did not change the drive shaft, have not snapped on as of yet. Why change a part that is not broken?

Back