• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FAQ: How To - DriveShaft/JackShaft bearing"REGREASE" Step by step

What are the torques for the driveshaft bearing housing and the jackshaft housing? I have a shop manaul but it doesn't mention torque for these bolts let alone any maintenance for these bearings. Or is there a more in depth manual out there to purchase for stuff like this?

yamaha06 said:
What are the torques for the driveshaft bearing housing and the jackshaft housing? I have a shop manaul but it doesn't mention torque for these bolts let alone any maintenance for these bearings. Or is there a more in depth manual out there to purchase for stuff like this?

Does this help you out at all for the drive shaft?

Attachments

• Drive Shaft_track.jpg
    Drive Shaft_track.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 963
Hi everyone at the risk of sounding like a complete newbie (which I am) I am just curious if there are any other bearings that need to be re greased. I just did the two on the clutch side with everyone's help. It was much easier then I expected and thank god I did them. Thank you for all of your posts.

No the other two main bearings are lubed with the chaincase oil. There should be some grease nipples on your front and rear suspension that could use some grease and check your idler wheel bearings for play while your at it.

Sled Dog said:
No the other two main bearings are lubed with the chaincase oil. There should be some grease nipples on your front and rear suspension that could use some grease and check your idler wheel bearings for play while your at it.
X2, I check/regrease/replace mine every year and I usually find a couple that are questionable.

I just did this to my XLT and I was surprised how many were starting to spin rough, but with the crappy winters and riding in less than desirable conditions, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Just confirming, are the bearings the same in an 2011 Apex?

I used to do this on my 2006 Apex but have yet on the 2011. Worked at it a bit tonight and it seems like I am having to be more forceful with the rubber membranes.

Found on partsfinder at:

http://www.portyamaha.com/fiche_select1 ... mfg=Yamaha

2011 - 2013 chain case bearings:

BEARING
93306-20627-00 (replaces 93306-20601-00)

BEARING
93306-205A9-00

BEARING
93306-20532-00 (replaces 93306-20511-00)

BEARING
93306-00711-00

BEARING
93311-32685-00

2006-2010 chain case bearings:

BEARING
93306-20627-00 (replaces 93306-20601-00)

BEARING
93306-20592-00

BEARING
93306-20532-00

BEARING
93306-00711-00

BEARING
93311-32685-00

Does anyone know a place to order these bearings outside of a dealer ? Called my local and they're $50 each where I see people posting 20 on here.

You can buy them from most auto- or machine shops

Remove the bearings you want to change out.
On the bearing you will find the Bearing ID #
The bearings can be bought from most manufacturers directly by the that number or by a Conversion table.

Koyo and SKF and many others share the same ID's as the bearings used in Your sled.

Was able to get the bearings at a local shop for around 15 after finding the cross reference numbers.

When the bearings went out it smacked my speedometer sensor and broke off the two tabs. I'm not sure if it's junk now or if I can make a bracket to hold it. How close is the sensor supposed to sit? Right now I've got it about 1/4" and its not reading anything.

Your speedo pickup unit is most likely damaged Beyond repair.
You will have to replace it.
It's supposed to sit real Close, like a few millimeter.

So were talking like a sheet of paper between them close right? Before I pulled the shaft the sensor would intermittently pickup speed but it was just flopping around down there.

karlburns said:
Was able to get the bearings at a local shop for around 15 after finding the cross reference numbers.

When the bearings went out it smacked my speedometer sensor and broke off the two tabs. I'm not sure if it's junk now or if I can make a bracket to hold it. How close is the sensor supposed to sit? Right now I've got it about 1/4" and its not reading anything.

I had the same thing happen to my drive axle speed sensor bearing! All my balls fell out! Towed in back to the trailer for about two miles. Do you think any damage happened to the chain case side bearing?

Tried to remove the 14mm bolt holding the secondary to the shaft. With the parking brake applied the bolt and shaft still turned. Am I missing something to remove that 14mm bolt?

Back