• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Duluth SnoCross starting now

Thanks for posting those links cannondale27! I forgot all about the live streaming of the snocross races.

That was some great racing tonight. The new 200 class was an absolute hoot to watch with both Yamaha's and Cat's battling for the class. Young Hallstrom on the Cat ran a great race and deserved the win. It might have helped his cause that he's Joey Hallstrom's son and probably has spent more time on the sled than anyone but who cares... he ran a great race. It was hilarious watching most of the 200 racers getting stuck going uphill on some of the big whoops with the track workers helping them up the hill.

IMHO it looks like the new AC stockers are the sleds to beat this year followed by Polaris and Ski Doo. We'll see how the season shakes out, but so far AC looks like the front runner coming out of the gate in the stock class battles.

Kudo's to Kody Kamm and Polaris for winning the Amzoil Dominator race and the 10k purse. Tucker Hibbert gave him a good run until he went ballistic and flew off the track trying to get around Kamm. From the looks of tonight's first race Kamm looks like he picked up right where he left off at the end of last season.

It looks like the new Pro Class rules haven't really watered down the competition and I'm anxious to see what shakes out when the real racing starts tomorrow, especially the Pro Class.

It was great to finally watch a snowmobile race on real snow to start off this season and get the juices flowing.

Does anyone really care that Yamaha doesn't have a presence in SnoCross racing?

Thanks for posting those links cannondale27! I forgot all about the live streaming of the snocross races.

That was some great racing tonight. The new 200 class was an absolute hoot to watch with both Yamaha's and Cat's battling for the class. Young Hallstrom on the Cat ran a great race and deserved the win. It might have helped his cause that he's Joey Hallstrom's son and probably has spent more time on the sled than anyone but who cares... he ran a great race. It was hilarious watching most of the 200 racers getting stuck going uphill on some of the big whoops with the track workers helping them up the hill.

IMHO it looks like the new AC stockers are the sleds to beat this year followed by Polaris and Ski Doo. We'll see how the season shakes out, but so far AC looks like the front runner coming out of the gate in the stock class battles.

Kudo's to Kody Kamm and Polaris for winning the Amzoil Dominator race and the 10k purse. Tucker Hibbert gave him a good run until he went ballistic and flew off the track trying to get around Kamm. From the looks of tonight's first race Kamm looks like he picked up right where he left off at the end of last season.

It looks like the new Pro Class rules haven't really watered down the competition and I'm anxious to see what shakes out when the real racing starts tomorrow, especially the Pro Class.

It was great to finally watch a snowmobile race on real snow to start off this season and get the juices flowing.

Does anyone really care that Yamaha doesn't have a presence in SnoCross racing?
Man you should write magazine articles! Took the words right out of my mind. Cant wait for tomorrow and YES I care Yamaha isnt there. It sucks. But I love racing and it doesnt matter what brand,who or even what it is. Is Nothing like it.

I haven't attended the races for several years now. Every year we talk about going up there again, but it never happens.

Thanks for the updates.

A mod 4 stroke turbo class would be awesome to watch.

So with the rule changes to a more 'stock' sled, what are your thoughts on how the top class of racing went over?

Man, how I wish Yamaha (factory and other) would get back into racing!!!

So with the rule changes to a more 'stock' sled, what are your thoughts on how the top class of racing went over?

Man, how I wish Yamaha (factory and other) would get back into racing!!!
I thought it was just as good. Some guys like Tucker will win on anything.

Wow what a race!

That it was. It was awesome to see Logan Christian have a stellar race to finish second after being so nicked up last year, and to have his team mate Jacob Yurk take the top spot in Pro Lite was pretty impressive.

The last lap pass that Tucker made on Logan really solidified to anyone watching his determination to regain the top spot in the Open class this year after last years fourth place position. He showed a lot of stamina (both physically and mentally) to win after being in 12th place on the first lap. It's hard to believe that he's earned the year end Pro Open class 10 times!

I'm not sure if Kamm has an answer to overcome Tucker this year but it should be an interesting race again tomorrow in the Open class.

Those new AC race sleds are sure looking strong once again sweeping the Pro Lite class podium.

Yes and what sportsmanship by Logan and Cody under the Yellow. That may have been what it took for Tucker to catch them. But was impressive to see those guys follow the rule.

Back