• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Duluth SnoCross starting now

I hate to admit that a 137" really looks like a advantage! Never would have thought that would work in SnoX.

I hate to admit that a 137" really looks like a advantage! Never would have thought that would work in SnoX.

Who wudda thunk that a 137" would be ruling the roost in SnoX? Kudos to AC for the testing and development of their new SnoX sleds this year. They are the hole shot kings so far in the first two events.

My thoughts on the 137".... as the rear skid travel has increased in SnoX and trail sleds alike the need for a longer track is evident. Remember what a big deal it was a few seasons ago when Ski Doo started testing a 129" skid? To get the same amount of traction you simply need a longer track. Think of a Parallelogram. As the height increases in the skid with longer travel to get the same overall track footprint dimensions you need to increase the length to get the same results.

I'm pretty sure that Ski Doo and Polaris have pretty close to the same rear skid travel as AC but I think AC has probably reworked their front suspension geometry to overcome the forward push of their 137" longer track/skid.

I don't think that I'm stating anything that you don't know already Steve but it's cool to see that AC went all in this season on their new SnoX race sleds with the 137" while Polaris and Ski Doo will probably be playing catch up all season. And with the new Pro Open rules there's nothing that either one can change during the season.

Who wudda thunk that a 137" would be ruling the roost in SnoX? Kudos to AC for the testing and development of their new SnoX sleds this year. They are the hole shot kings so far in the first two events.

My thoughts on the 137".... as the rear skid travel has increased in SnoX and trail sleds alike the need for a longer track is evident. Remember what a big deal it was a few seasons ago when Ski Doo started testing a 129" skid? To get the same amount of traction you simply need a longer track. Think of a Parallelogram. As the height increases in the skid with longer travel to get the same overall track footprint dimensions you need to increase the length to get the same results.

I'm pretty sure that Ski Doo and Polaris have pretty close to the same rear skid travel as AC but I think AC has probably reworked their front suspension geometry to overcome the forward push of their 137" longer track/skid.

I don't think that I'm stating anything that you don't know already Steve but it's cool to see that AC went all in this season on their new SnoX race sleds with the 137" while Polaris and Ski Doo will probably be playing catch up all season. And with the new Pro Open rules there's nothing that either one can change during the season.
Yes. They were running a 137" at Geneva last year in a few sleds. Writing was on the wall. Is no denying it works. Personally I miss the 121"! Rode a 120" Polaris quite a bit and just so much FUN! But I know well that FUN does not always equal fast. AC has the best front end for sure. Even guys from other brand will admit that if they are honest. Buddy has a new 600XC Cat race sled and its still under 500# with gas and ready to go. Thats pretty impressive also. Even though I bleed Blue have owned a few Cats in past and a 800RR now. Always have been envious of their Racing efforts and willingness to try new things. Yamaha on other hand so conservative last decade. Mid ground between two is what made our sleds and reason I bought. Hopefully will continue or Yamaha takes over and learned what it takes to win from Cat.

Does anyone have anything to challenge Tucker tonight in Deadwood?

Lets see how these shorter track sleds fare tonight compared to the longer track AC sleds. So far the "shorties" are looking pretty good in all of the classes. That is one knarly and tight track at Deadwood!

He's part Jeremy McGrath, part Rick Mears, and part MrSled.

You can tell he is more a thinker the older he gets. That track was scary rough but he just put that sled wherever he wanted. Wonder how Blair Morgan would have compared to him in his later years?

I'd really like to see Logan steal the win tonight. He deserves it but it looks pretty darn good that TH will stand on top of the box once again.

And it's snowing!

Superman pulls it out on the last lap. Impressive indeed.

Did you see Tucker running the edge of the track! And that little 90 on inside he had dialed. Wow 11th to the win. Wish I were a bit bigger guy. Somethings are impossible to throw that sled around like that!

Back