• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dupont Slides Phazer

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
I got another 130 mi on today for a total of 230 mi on Duponts and I am impressed.All Yamaha wheels with small ones at front and there is absulutely NO wear!Nothing anywhere.Stock slides would be almost to line by now for me.River isnt froze so I had to do some road running to get to trail no Hyfax smell at all.So far well worth the $.

No not from what I have heard.You have 3 options.
Excell and new slides
Duponts and stock wheels
Stock slides and stock wheels wore right to line

Any of the 3 options work just fine but Excells and Duponts are just added insurance since much more slide is left vs stock

irish_redneck said:
Am I correct in thinking I need 4 excell wheels, I have it in my head that someone said 6, but I only counted 4.

Did 4 up front + I had the LS kit on...... then added 2 "Polaris" ones towards the back.
1900 miles last Winter (you know the #*$&@ we ran on) and the sliders are only 1/2 worn.

001-13.jpg

I ran it stock last year for about the same amount of miles and my slides and carbides looked great... I hit one road on friday and smell hyfax... weird :)

did you order your excells or go pick them up? wasn't sure if they were an instock item, or like oneida suzuki "our online store is not our actual store, you gotta get parts online"

cannondale27 said:
I got another 130 mi on today for a total of 230 mi on Duponts and I am impressed.All Yamaha wheels with small ones at front and there is absulutely NO wear!Nothing anywhere.Stock slides would be almost to line by now for me.River isnt froze so I had to do some road running to get to trail no Hyfax smell at all.So far well worth the $.
Did you notice it running easier with less friction, etc.?

I am going for a ride this weekend with new DuPont slides and the marginal snow wheel kit just installed. Hopefully the results will be good! If you want to reduce friction consider fully clipping the track. I did last season and it really helped.

I've got a set waiting for my graphite ones to wear out before I install them. (And enough snow to ride on)

YamRaider said:
I am going for a ride this weekend with new DuPont slides and the marginal snow wheel kit just installed. Hopefully the results will be good! If you want to reduce friction consider fully clipping the track. I did last season and it really helped.
Yep, my Crossover track is already fully clipped - was just asking if those new slides would be even more slippery due to not wearing as easily as the old style.
Let us know how it goes? Eh, you changed two variables so you won't know which one causes the improvement (LOL) :tg:

Back