• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EASY FALL START UP

TOMBOB

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 APEX ER
If you ride a cerebrated sled and have hard time starting it in the fall here easy problem solver.

I have always sprayed gas into the carb and closed the air box cover, then did it over and over again till
It started.

Easy way is use a spray bottle and sprays the fuel into fuel line off from fuel pump. Fill the line on both carbs
Starts right up

Have a great winter TOMBOB

Not recommended! Didn't follow my own advice of starting up my sled every 3 weeks, so sled wouldn't start. So tried the above mentioned way of disconnecting the fuel lines after the fuel pump and filled them with gas. Took way more gas than I thought, figured the carb fuel bowls were filling up, but was suspicious. Went to start my engine, it immediately locked. Figured hydrostatic fuel lock in the cylinders. Removed the plugs, turned over the engine and pumped fuel out of the cylinders. After air drying everything and replacing plugs etc..., sled fired right up, ran rough for a bit, then ran well. So must have over did it putting gas in the lines, but don't want that to happen again, so to be cautious, I wouldn't recommend that method of filling the fuel lines.

Last edited:
There's a better, safer & easier solution for this.
Disconnect the tank vent and blow into it while cranking. That will push gas back into the pump. When those pumps run dry during off time, they need priming to go again.

Disconnect the tank vent and blow into it while cranking. That will push gas back into the pump. When those pumps run dry during off time, they need priming to go again.

Same philosophy, different method here.
I'd take off gas cap, hold my thumb over tank vent and blow in the fuel tank for a bit to fill the fuel lines and carbs.
Replace gas cap, turn on choke and hit the key. Vroom Vroom.

X 2 works like a charm every year!

I must be doing something wrong wth that idea use to do that but last few time no go
So whats the deal

2hi9jww.jpg

gas pipes

Back