• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Easy P&P Goggle Power Supply for 509 Goggles - No more dead batteries!

Rockmeister

TY Advertiser
Website
www.yamaheater.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Attak - LOVE my sled!!!
Hi Guys,

Working away on stuff here at the Labs. : )

Right now, am releasing our P&P Easy Goggle Supply
for 509 Electric Goggles!

For those of you with them, you know the 509 Electric De-fog Goggles do well.
The big issue is batteries dying so fast & you loosing the benefits of the goggles with your dead battery!
The RoczToyz P&P Goggle Power Supply solves your dead battery issues!
Our Plug & Play Goggle Supply provides you unlimited ride-time with your goggles powered right from your sled!

No more dead batteries!
No more buying extra batteries that also die fast. (If you can find them)
For much less than extra dead batteries, you can solve this issue forever!​

Save your battery for when you need it.
(Or never need it again).
Super Light-Weight, weighs & costs MUCH less than one dead battery pack. (Weighs just over 1 oz)
Velcros right to your Goggle Strap, won't move as you ride.
Simple Plug & Play using Industry Standard RCA input connector & proper 509 Goggle Outlet connector.
Installs literally in seconds!

Includes LED power on Indicator.
Velcro on Rear to prevent supply movement.
Velcro Wrap to mount to Strap.

1-1/4" x 2" and less than 1/2 inch thick. (53x32x11mm)

Right now, we are offering them for an Introductory discounted price of $55 + $10 shipping (US)
Hurry, supplies are limited for the Intro Discount!

Order for shipment this week at:
http://yamaheater.com/Products.php

Goggle8.jpg
Goggle5.jpg

My brother and I both began this year with new 509 heated goggles. We each bought an extra battery to ensure that it would last a full day (yeah, @$300 for this setup you expect a lot). These goggles worked flawlessly for both of us, however in 20 degree or colder, we would drain a battery in 2-3 hours. So, after a day on the trails and you want to get home, you have no juice and its getting dark! We both used one of these P&P Easy Goggle power supplies and I can tell you they worked GREAT. Now, I don't even worry about how long my battery lasts. I use the battery to start the day and then switch to this. Extra batteries cost $90 each and about mid-season, everyone was sold out! My brother sweats alot when riding (or digging out our sleds if we venture too far off trail) and he said this was the best shield/goggle that he ever used. And now with the P&P, your goggles will never let you down. Based on the fact that these goggles are hard to find mid season as well as the batteries, there must be quite a few in the field. IMO, this P&P from Rock should be in everyones pocket if you own a pair of 509 Heated Goggles. Very cheap insurance. As we know, it's such a short season and a fogged up shield/goggle will ruin your ride every time.

Interested, But I’m a bit confused? I don’t get what plugs in where and how it works. Does this plug into your sleds heated shield hook up? Why is the power pack part needed if that’s the case. Does it just convert the power in some way. Why wouldn’t it just hook up direct. Also the reason I got goggles was to get rid of cord but I can see this as a good back up. I would really like something that allows you to charge the batteries while out riding.

It plugs into your heated shield plug. The little power pack is needed to convert the power. I too switched to goggles so I wasn't tethered to the sled. So, I used this as my back up. 509 doesn't even have this cord yet (IMO - probably so they can sell more batteries)

Hey Super!

Burlyviper is correct.
The power supply puts out the correct power for your goggles. If you plug your goggles directly into 12v, they age rapidly & will melt.
They are way too expensive to melt.

The issue is that the batteries die relatively quick in the cold.
The colder it is, the worse it gets. (And ironically when you need the defog the most)
The Goggle Supply allows you to use as a backup & power your goggles when you don't need the batteries, saving your batteries for when you do need them.
Such as on the trail ride out & back to your favorite rising area.
This way you save your batteries for off-trail. : )

We do have Smart Supplies & Heated Cases that can charge your batteries as you ride.
Unfortunately, all Lithium batteries must be warm to fully charge, most to charge at all.
Lithiums output (current & duration) also falls dramatically in the cold.

Want a Goggle Power Supply to try out?

Send me a PM, have a test unit on my desk can send you.

Rockmeister :-o

I just went to the 509 Ignites this year, and love them. This is a great add on Rock, nice work.

The question I have for the group of Ignite owners, and try very hard not to hyjack the thread. Are you running the goggle all day? And if so why? Unlike a heated shield, the goggle by default has a 120 second burst mode when you just hold the button for three seconds. This burst takes out the fog you get when you stop for a few minutes. Then it never gets the chance to frost.

If you find that you are fogging all day even while moving, then you have a heat/moisture issues that should be solved by wearing the right weight of head sock. Too much sweat, will equate to fogging. Either that or it's time to lay off the donuts and get a program for the off season (smile)

Using 1-2 bursts at a stop, has allowed me to use the ignite battery for an entire weekend in -10f without recharging. So yes, for the guys that seem to want to leave the goggle on all the time, Rock's invention is gold!! Otherwise, those that don't want to be tethered, learn to use the 120 second burst. It's why it's designed that way.

Good luck,

I'm a set and forget it guy. Just leave it on and I see clear 100% of the time. I know its overkill, but I only ride 10 days a year and like the fact that I am clear all the time, regardless if I'm on trail or off trail.

We usually only have ours on at night when cold. Haven’t had to use all day. Have used a bit more when very cold or a lot of fine snow dust when riding in the back of our group. But I do like this as a good go to when in those “perfect storm” conditions that lead to fogging. We have been lucky and have not had issues with fogging on ours.

Back