• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Easy way to charge the battery on Fx Nytro?

Dimebag

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Hi.

How often do you guys charge your batteries?

Anyone who has mounted a "easy to access" plug anywhere to connect the charger to??

I am wondering about how i shall do it.. tips, hints and pictures would be much appreciated.

Thanks

- Lars

;)!

I was gonna say i charge by driving, unhook for the summer and thats it, its warm all summer so no need to charge the battery over the storage, mine stays 95% while being unhooked for a few months in the sled.

Yeah i guess it charges when i run it. But i like to charge a bit when not using it. Its often about -20F, and the sled is only used in the weekends.

Dimebag said:
Yeah i guess it charges when i run it. But i like to charge a bit when not using it. Its often about -20F, and the sled is only used in the weekends.

Dimebag get an Optimate, they come with hookups you leave on the battery. Then you can just plug it in to keep the bat up to snuff.

You should be fine to just ride on the weekends, but if you want to charge it between rides just hook a battery charger that has a "float mode" to it and forget it. The Nytro is so easy to access the battery I don't understand your question, just remove the right side panel and hook it up.

my last 3 snowmobiles had electric start, and i've never charged the batteries in any of them.

I have a small YUASA battery charger/tender with leads that stay connected to the battery. There is a plug that I ran out by the steering post for easy connection.

Hei Lars
I'll take it in English ;)
I've just bought a CTEK 3600 from Mekonomen, Nkr 500,- ($100,-) and it came with a Comfort Indicator that is hooked permanently to the battery. It flashes green for ok, Orange when charging should be aplyed and Red when you probably wont be able to start
Just open the rubber cap and plug in the charger, I've placed the plug in the cockpit area :)
Lykke til :)
Click on image for link

Get a CTEK charger, great to have it on during the summer. I use the XS 800 model on mine and charge it through a the 12V DC outlet that i have connected directly to the battery (with a fuse).
Never had any problem with the battery but know I have a GPS tracker that drains the battery.

tillb_ciggplugg.jpg

Back