• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Eating slides help

apexgt4life

Expert
Service a fleet of viper rtx from 15 to 16 ish
All have
Kimpex rear 2 up seat
4 position torsion block
Duell rate factory front spring

All are eating duponts at bend in less than 800 miles in decent conditions

No complaints with handeling

What is causing this.
Is it 2 up riding with the max torsion spring messin with geometry?

Limiter strap is out too

No trying to change settings as they handle good

Thoughts?

on an older sled i had to suck up the limiters 1/2" tighter to get the slides to quit wearing at the bend even with marginal snow wheels in fresh snow. it now wears to a point and stops.

I have recently been able to buy the DuPont slides with the hard inserts. I have had them on order for three years and in April I was notified that they were in. I would check to see if your local parts source now has them available they last about 4-6 times the miles
as stock slides. Once you correct the excessive wear they will cure any other excess wear issues. They are expensive at $100 apiece but we’ll worth it for the trouble free miles and reduced maintenance required.

I have recently been able to buy the DuPont slides with the hard inserts. I have had them on order for three years and in April I was notified that they were in. I would check to see if your local parts source now has them available they last about 4-6 times the miles
as stock slides. Once you correct the excessive wear they will cure any other excess wear issues. They are expensive at $100 apiece but we’ll worth it for the trouble free miles and reduced maintenance required.
Yes have been running duponts but there are eatin at bend just as quick ad regulars. Rest of it is good just gettin chewed at bend

I had that problem with my Sidewinder LTX SE as well (even with Dupont slides) due to the need to run the track so tight so that it doesn't ratchet at 90+mph. I installed the Schmidt Bros Hyfax saver kit and it seems to be working well. It greatly reduced the wear at the bend.

I had that problem with my Sidewinder LTX SE as well (even with Dupont slides) due to the need to run the track so tight so that it doesn't ratchet at 90+mph. I installed the Schmidt Bros Hyfax saver kit and it seems to be working well. It greatly reduced the wear at the bend.

Ty which one you get. Appers all different kits. Was thinking maybe just extra outside wheels at bend?

Ty which one you get. Appers all different kits. Was thinking maybe just extra outside wheels at bend?
I got the kit for the Sidewinder (all Procross). There is only 1 kit for those. It is a shaft with 2 wheels that are between the rails. You have to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link for the Sidewinder to see the pic.

This is the pic that you will see.

SR-V-137-e1507572129660.jpg

Here's a pic of the kit installed on my rails.

Screenshot_20220629-115049~01~01.png

You've probably fixed your problem by now but just in case... I ran into the same problem on a 121 track that I extended. Finally stopped after I took in some limiter strap and compressed the springs on the skis some to take pressure off the front of the skid. Still handles fine and the excessive wear stopped.

Back