• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

"ECP FILTERS TEST"

Fuel consumption is going to go up.

The kit has larger jets, that is where the additional power is coming from, by flowing more air and gas.

Plus you will be blipping the throttle more because of the cool intake sound and better throttle response.

What's the saying? If ya wanna play ya gotta pay? Personally I think the kit is a bargain.

deshkae said:
........ I guess some of us are like the United States, It's nice to know we have to power to crush some country when we need to. ..........

:shock: ....all I can say is... when you see one of our sea-king helicopters coming your way.... better run.....it might just fall out of the sky and crush you :p :lol:

deshkae said:
.... I have to admit ever since I got my RX-1 and joined his forum I have made more impluse purchases and bought more mods then I have ever did in my 13 years of owning snow machines. I guess I'm hooked. ......

Do you me addicted? That sounds familiar. :D I feel like a sled junkie.

Yea brx1 i feel the same way,BUT can a 2-stroke run WFO down a rail bed for 10 miles w/out things sounding like #*$&@,i have never seen one,and i have been into this sport sense 1969 hell even than you were lucky to make across the road w/out fouling a plug cause you slowed down lol. I know well enough what 165 from 137.5 is in size,but was just looking for some feed back from someone that was beating on it,for extended periods of time,hell when i run down the big trails wfo in certain conditions i only got 11-12 last year lol but it still sounds like the way to go,now where the hell are my filters :p

The question about gas mileage was brought up before and Lazy Bastard made a very valid point. The only reason the jet size went from 137 to 165 was due to the vacum lose of not having the stock air box on. With these filters, the vacum is not as strong as compared to the stock air box. The 165 will let more fuel in but with the vacum not being the same as stock, you wouldn't use that much more fuel. Now, if you went to 165 with the stock air box with its same vacum, than by all means gas consumption will be greatly increased. His point seemed to make sense or am or him missing something here???

Robx1 i like your thinking,lets hope LB is right,it would be great to have this kind of power plus still have the same gas milage. :D

mnmsnowbeast said:
now where the hell are my filters :p

While I was reading and preparing to reply to this mnmsnowbeast called me on the telephone.

I am experiencing some backorders on the crankcase vent filters. I also am out of the prefilters but those should be arriving Thursday or Friday this week. I have pretty much bought out every stocking warehouse that K&N has from coast to coast on the crankcase vent filters. I have special orders in to 2 different wholesale distributors right now for these. They are arriving but in dribbles and drabbles from various points throughout the U.S. As I receive them, I fill orders immediately and you are put in order based off of the date you ordered from me.

I have even gone so far to approach another manufacturer for crankcase vent filters. The largest spigot they have is 5/8" on their vent filter. This will work but admittedly the 3/4" one like I have been shipping is best. So do you think they could sell me 50 or 60 crankcase vent filters despite they being the wrong size? I received one...yes 1!...and it is the wrong style!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Gentleman, I am trying my best to keep up with the flow. I am shipping every single day. I ask all of you for patience and appreciate all of your dedication on this project.

Freddie Klies
www.easterncycleperf.com

Hey Freddie-

Dont stress man, you are doing an awesome job and this is the kind of support and dedication we all want to see!! :D Keep up the good work and keep the parts coming. I got my filters yesterday 8) , Thanks a bunch!!

Jason

Gas mileage

LB is right about pressure and fuel flow. Your gas mileage shouldn't suffer that much because the pressure will be less and you need the larger jets to compensate for that. Just like with the turbos with a pressurized system you run less main jet but get more fuel. Now if you hammer on it alot, like Pete does :lol:, you will use more fuel.

Yea Freddie, keep doin what your doin, and what your doin is an awesome job for all of us. And thanx a head of time for taking all my stupid phone calls about the kit. And I am still interested in this new project your workin on for the RX-1------ Cubby

Hey buckeye sheee quiet you are not suppose to tell people i drive fast,what will they think!!!!!!! Hey buck you going to the foothills sun. we are going up to fryburge for a couple of hours just to play around,one sled is new 04 rev 800 and 2001 mark z and me he he. :lol:

Freddie I hope you pursue your velocity stack idea. If you can get us a minimal gain for for a reasonable cost you should be able to sell those like hot cakes too!
What's resonable to expect with them if you achieve what you'd hope to get? Is 4-5 h.p. and 7.5 ft/lbs. reasonable? If you could sell them (I would guess we'd need 4) if the cost is less than $100 that would be great, but one thing is for sure with this bunch. If it works, we'll buy it. Thanks for the great products AND for standing behind them. Powder Blue

Back