• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ECP FIRST IMPRESSION

Turbo Tim

TY 4 Stroke Master
OK. Got My ecp filter kit Installed .Thanks to this forum , I knew to to be careful about stripping the phillips head screws on the float bowls . :p
Piece of cake ,...........Is it Just me , or is that Intake Noise just really cool sounding! Ok I don't Know what anyone is talking about with all the "burble " stuff .My sled absolutey has much more ACCELERATION than before. It went from fast , to faster -period. More of an "instant on" type feeling than before .Only Problem I see is that I will have to add more studs to my track to take advantage of the extra power .Anyone that claims they are having any problems with this kit , i would suggest they should go back , and re check all o- rings fittings , hoses & etc. To see what they messed up while installing this kit .........INSERT ICON OF SUPERTUNER NODDING HIS HEAD IN AGREEMENT HERE.

I totally agree the sound is great!! I don't have much of a area to test, but seat of the pants (Iknow seat of the pants is not scientific) there is definitly improvement. I didn't notice any burble my self and concentrated on the 5-6000 area for a while looking for it

Its all good I love the new sound too. Do yourself the favor though use new allen bolts thats the ticket. I stripped 5 of the old bolts their a son %$#@& to get off. :oops:

Ok, heres what I like to see! Two more of youse getting the same "jolt" out of freddies kit that I did. Glad your happy with it RXHALLER and what a chance you took. Ordering this kit from the other side of the continent and trusting what some of us said on this forum, wow. So two more RX-1 owners join the group of satisfied customers ( RXHALLER and RXONE ) of the ECP kit. Who's next?????- Cubby

This kit is getting me interested! I have a few questions though. My Warrior is stock and I'm happy with it, I really don't want to mess with it's dependability. I have run up against 800 Poo's and 800 MXZ and beat them on the lake, and I'm even with REV 800's.
Besides seat of the pants experience, how does this kit stack up against a stock RX-1 or Warrior and the other brands? Can it really be used with stock clutching and without studs?

The little filter that is on the craankcase breather will freeze up and pop the plugs out of the side of the motor . what a mess those things make under the hood . buddys sled has oil all over the place yuk . I'll keep the airbox .
Tom-RX1

I was really pleased with my set. I was gonna sell my sled (note I said was) so I removed them to sell to a fellow forum buddy. Changing my oil today, I couldn't help but notice the oil film all around the area where the crank case filter was located. After seeing this, I realize that this motor pushs small amounts of oil thru the breather. I for one would rather have this small amount injested by the motor rather than spewn all over the engine bay. I wonder if this might account for the belt slipping I was getting at lower rpms seeing that the breather filter was very close to the primary clutch :?

MightyWarrior said:
I was really pleased with my set. I was gonna sell my sled (note I said was) so I removed them to sell to a fellow forum buddy. Changing my oil today, I couldn't help but notice the oil film all around the area where the crank case filter was located. After seeing this, I realize that this motor pushs small amounts of oil thru the breather. I for one would rather have this small amount injested by the motor rather than spewn all over the engine bay. I wonder if this might account for the belt slipping I was getting at lower rpms seeing that the breather filter was very close to the primary clutch :?

I loved the POWER of the ecp kit, but the noise and oil leaking like mighty has kept me from installing the kit so far... I like the engine quite.. I can accually hear with out the kit...Granted i might eventually go back to it but right now im enjoying the quiet r-1 motor :D

Why hasn't this hasnt happened to my sled?? Do I have a miracle sled or something??? No oil spewing out of the breather ever and it has never had enough snow or ice on it to freeze up and blow a freeze plug. What's the deal???? Cubby

Ok, I just had a brain fart. How many of youse are using the ECP kits with the stock exhaust??? Could back pressure be causing this spewing out the breather??? I rode last night for about 100 miles and didnt touch my sled until just now. I am very anal about my sled and even polished the aluminum belt cover ( right next to the breather). So after all reading this spewwing mess I went out to check and I FOUND NO OIL ANYWHERE. Even if there was a oil film when I wiped my finger on the belt cover it would show up. What gives??? Maybe I will keep my sled forever now that I found out I have a magic sled.---- Cubby ( maybe I should get rid of the leprachan under my hood that wipes up my oily mess made by my breather )

I RECIEVED MY ECP KIT FRIDAY,INSTALLED IT FRIDAY NIGHT AND IVE BEEN SMILING EVER SINCE.BEST MONEY EVER SPENT ON THIS SLED.THE LOW END AND MID RANGE POWER GAIN IS GREAT.IVE HAD NO PROBLEMS SO FAR.

Cubby's RX-1 said:
Ok, I just had a brain fart. How many of youse are using the ECP kits with the stock exhaust??? Could back pressure be causing this spewing out the breather???

You may be on to something :!:

Now all you guys know perfectly well that the RX1 pushes oil from the crankcase vent breather. Fact is nearly every 4 stroke engine does! Why do you think Yamaha released a bulletin about cutting slits in the stock breather hose to prevent it from freezing up and blowing seals and gaskets out?

If you decide to have the motor injest the oil that is spewn out, you will then be complaining that your engine looks like it is burning oil. Is there any winning with some of you guys?

For cying out loud...I have spoke to most of you guys on here when you ordered kts from me and no one seemed incredibly stupid. Just take the hose, extend it to an area where it will not get oil all over your clutches. This is not rocket science gang. If I supply a length of hose with the kit to accomplish this and supply instructions for doing it, how much should I increase the price?

Back