• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ECP FIRST IMPRESSION

SUPERTUNER said:
Just take the hose, extend it to an area where it will not get oil all over your clutches.

I have an idea, extend it down thru the bulkhead and have it spray on the high fax for better lube in low snow conditions :lol:

Hey freddy,I love the ecp kit,but there must be some other mod you can sell us to make more top end. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: THANKS

SUPERTUNER said:
Now all you guys know perfectly well that the RX1 pushes oil from the crankcase vent breather. Fact is nearly every 4 stroke engine does! Why do you think Yamaha released a bulletin about cutting slits in the stock breather hose to prevent it from freezing up and blowing seals and gaskets out?

If you decide to have the motor injest the oil that is spewn out, you will then be complaining that your engine looks like it is burning oil. Is there any winning with some of you guys?

For cying out loud...I have spoke to most of you guys on here when you ordered kts from me and no one seemed incredibly stupid. Just take the hose, extend it to an area where it will not get oil all over your clutches. This is not rocket science gang. If I supply a length of hose with the kit to accomplish this and supply instructions for doing it, how much should I increase the price?

JEEEZZZ Freddy dont have a cow...! I didnt say it was POORING out ,, just that it did leak out a little over time.. I think it probobly comes out as a MIST!!....

As far as the noise its a Love , Hate relationship you have to overcome :lol:

I too noticed quite a bit of oil when I first ran the filters, however with each ride it diminished to the point that it has pretty much stopped. I figured that I had oiled the air breather too much at first. I think I am going to gear back up to try and make up for the lost top end. I got dusted by an F7 on top today.

Oh for Christsakes!

Oh for Christsakes you guys sound like a bunch of old ladies! There I said it! I'm sorry! But I have to say that the ECP kit gives the RX-1 crisper throttle response and an even better mid-range. For $250.00 what are you going to do to this sled to see the gains that you see and or feel from using this kit? What a Turbo?Cams & Head work? And the list goes on. Yeah thats what I want to do. Spend $3000-$5000 for a Turbo and or Engine work. NOT! I think it's some pretty good bang for your buck. As far as oil all over the place. I'm running the MBRP canister and the filter kit. Since I Installed the kit I have yet to see any oil film on anything. Maybe it is the MBRP or aftermarket canister with less back pressure that is helping the oil consumption problem. Who knows for sure? All I do know is that the kit works! Just to clarify a couple more thing guys. No I'm not a personal friend of Freddies. Nor do I have anything to gain by trying to stick up for him. I'm just here to say that the Filter Kit works! Like someone else said before me. If your not using the ECP kit your missing out!
I know I'm gonna get alot of #*$&@ from some of you guys. But I have broad shoulders. I can take it. Enough said!
C.J.

RXONE's sled used so much oil before he installed the filter kit, it certainly couldn't use any more after he put the kit in. If it does he would use less oil if he went back to a 2-cycle. :lol: :lol:

Yeah Ok BBW!

:lol: :lol: :lol: BBW you know what I found when I changed me oil? A Cat A Doo and A Poo in my oil filter! :lol: :lol: Geesh no wonder it used oil huh? :lol: But the worst part was getting the Cat fur out of the Carbs. Man those things shed like crazy. hahahahahahahaha

JUST FOR THE RECORD I HAVE THE QC1 EXHAUST ON MINE,NO OILY FILM ANYWHERE - RODE ALL DAY TODAY....... EXCESS OIL OUT OF THE BREATHER ON THESE OTHER MACHINES MAY BE AN INDICATION THAT THE RINGS AREN'T SEATED PROPERLY.

ECPvsHAUCK

What made all you guys go with ecp instead of hauck? RXONE ,do you have a clutch kit? Whats this bulliten on slicing breather hose? Who's got the best price on MBRP exhaust? Seems like FREDDIES is right there to offer support-help if you need it. I bought my sled used so I don't get update or service bullitans. thanks! BLACK RX1, if its blue and powered by YAMAHA it must be a SNO-JET {just kidding}

Re: ECPvsHAUCK

racemad55 said:
blue and powered by YAMAHA it must be a SNO-JET {just kidding}

Kawasaki powered the sno-jets. At least the later one's just before Kawasaki bought them out.

Yea RXONE, I dont know Freddie Personally either, I just heard about him on this here forum and called him and liked what he said. He sounded like he knew his stuff so I bought the damn kit. I am not affiliated with Eastern Cycle Performance nor did I get a discount on my kit. All this braggin I have been doing is because I put the stupid kit on my magical sled and it worked. Thats it! ---- Cubby

Back