• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ECP kit installed

Bluebullet

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 sidewinder LTX GT, 2010 Apex LTX GT
Guys, Installed the ECP in my RX1. I purchased the kit from a fello tyer. Does this look right? I installed the springs, jets and plugs that came with also. Where do I install the crankcase filter? Is it needed with the ECP? I bought a PCV valve to replace manual drain, is that right? I want this to be correct before I damage anthing.
Thanks Blue

Attachments

• ECP kit1sm.JPG
    ECP kit1sm.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 190

You dont neede the crankcase filter because it has the EVAC setup.With out it the filter would simply go into the breather line.

Get your carbs synced too as adding the filters changes the adjustment.It will be more responsive (snappy) once its set up correctly.

when you changed your springs, did you make sure all your O rings were in place on the carb caps?
also, take it somewhere that can sinc carbs, they will be off a bit.

Scott, Yes I used the procedure from here, That was a good heads up on the o rings, would of been an easy miss for sure. Yes, I need to get her sycronized as it does run pretty rough and doggy.
Steve, THanks for the answer, that is what I thought about the filter not being needed if I used the ECP set up.
Thanks guys!
Terry

I haven't driven it yet but i put a small k&n breather filter on the end instead of the drain valve. It should allow the condensed water vapor to drain out but prevent unfiltered air from entering the engine.

Back