• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ecp kit on rx1 not running right

bbchevy84

put ecp on and took it out today and it is not running like it was stock it has no top end only can go about 65 mph and only getting 9800 rpms and it is reel sluggish there im in utah i ride anywere form 6000 to 10000 feet i have 165 mains can anyone help me

do you run 6000 to 10000 all the time, because the main jet might be to big. I run a 165 or 170 main at sea leval.

honestly, you will see no gains with this kit and sled will never run right.....and mine was done by mr supertuner himself

goldbergrx1 said:
honestly, you will see no gains with this kit and sled will never run right.....and mine was done by mr supertuner himself

I think you'll find more then one person who will disagree with you. Mine runs VERY well after the kit and it is faster no question.

I'm running 165's at 1500ft...sounds like you may be rich for your altitude.

DoktorC said:
goldbergrx1 said:

I think you'll find more then one person who will disagree with you. Mine runs VERY well after the kit and it is faster no question.

I'm running 165's at 1500ft...sounds like you may be rich for your altitude.
dude, im not bashing, just the facts........it was done by freddie himself and brought back to him more then once(last year), my sled never performed right.....i ride at 1500 ft also........anyways, last year i finally brought the sled to ted jannetty in ct(guys a yamaha master), he removed the ecp kit... he gutted my stock airbox that i kept, changed the jets, and he installed his own clutch kit.....let me tell you , my sled rips now, even with my 285 lbs........i read many problems on line with the k&n air filters, and personally i thought it sounded like crap.........jmho

To make a broad statement like "you won't see any gains and your sled will never run right" because you/your sled had a problem with it doesn't make any sense. Sometime stuff just doesn't work on a certain sled. Your opinion of the kit won't help him tune his sled. I know mine works...so...clearly the kit can work for other people. It seems obvious that if him and I are running the same jets with such an extreme difference in altitude that, that is a possible issue rather then the filters. If he gets the jetting right and still has issues then it's time to look elsewhere but it hasn't come to that yet.

DoktorC said:
To make a broad statement like "you won't see any gains and your sled will never run right" because you/your sled had a problem with it doesn't make any sense. Sometime stuff just doesn't work on a certain sled. Your opinion of the kit won't help him tune his sled. I know mine works...so...clearly the kit can work for other people. It seems obvious that if him and I are running the same jets with such an extreme difference in altitude that, that is a possible issue rather then the filters. If he gets the jetting right and still has issues then it's time to look elsewhere but it hasn't come to that yet.
honestly, the problem probably isnt with the kit, it was the person who did the work on my sled..........i find it ironic that the man whos company name is is on this kit and he could never get my sled to run right.......it's obvious you understand sleds and you got it to work right, however, there are many many people who have removed this kit and have gotten better gains doing other things.....im glad it worked for you, but im sure for everyone it worked for there are probably three itdidnt

and by the way look at the first 4 topic titles.....3 are complaining why thier sleds wont work right................hmmmm

well i know my kit rocks.my buddies zr 900 would get me 2-3 sleds in 1000ft plowed drag strip.the very next weekend with the kit installed,same 1000ft plowed drag strip i got him by 2 sleds.he has been changing things ever since and still can't catch me.

If your sled wont run right with the ECP kit its the sled not the kit I installed mine myself and synced. the carbs and it rocks. Nothing wrong with the kits. IMO

I wouldnt run A RX-1 without one Mine flat out rocks. And there was noticeable gains. It had to be clutched to work tho otherwise I was driving thru the clutching.

I would like to see some proof of your 3/1 goldbergrx1 .... for every one that works there are three that dont sounds alot like you are talking smack with no proof to back it.

I dont see three posts about the kit not performing I see three posts about improper installs one being A lost o-ring one being the wrong jet. The third was about A mechanic not wanting to go inside the carbs cause they will never run right well we all know thats A pile.

All I see coming from you goldbergrx1 is exaggerations and no proof to back up your statements.

From what I see is four people who are very happy with their kits and 1 not and thats you. The way I count it thats 4/1 in favor of the kit

Mikey said:
I wouldnt run A RX-1 without one Mine flat out rocks. And there was noticeable gains. It had to be clutched to work tho otherwise I was driving thru the clutching.

I would like to see some proof of your 3/1 goldbergrx1 .... for every one that works there are three that dont sounds alot like you are talking smack with no proof to back it.

I dont see three posts about the kit not performing I see three posts about improper installs one being A lost o-ring one being the wrong jet. The third was about A mechanic not wanting to go inside the carbs cause they will never run right well we all know thats A pile.

All I see coming from you goldbergrx1 is exaggerations and no proof to back up your statements.

From what I see is four people who are very happy with their kits and 1 not and thats you. The way I count it thats 4/1 in favor of the kit
look, all you need to do is read back severall pages and realize that the ecp kit is very incosistent.......i have nothing to gain or lose by telling people that system is or isnt all that.......the work i have done now is consistent and there is never any issue what soever..........ecp (freddie) is not a snowmobile guy. trust me, i had brought him other work to do and let me just say it wasnt up to par.....people who are mechanically inclined will make the system work, however, there are people out there that arent and the ecp kit becomes a costant headache for them.....just read back the pages and you will see how many different people are being told to use different jet sizes for the same application

Back