• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ecp kit on rx1 not running right

freddie may or maynot be a snowmobile guy but i do know he knows alot about motorcycles and lets remember what engine this really is.i feel bad your setup didn't work but i see alot of others that work very well including mine.all engines are not the same so some may require different jetting.freddie you do a great job and i thank you for your kit.next will be the velocity rings

mine ran well, but its very inconsistent, depend on temperature, Bar pression. And humidity.

But i got some gain with the kit.

I removed it, way less trouble with stock airbox in deep snow and cold weather. Will put it back for drag race this spring. i miss the sound

SUPERTUNER said:
goldbergrx1. I have over 800 kits in use today. I think I am getting the hang of this!!!

Freddie
maybe, but unfortunatly for me the one you installed never worked right and my sled always had that hesitation and bogging....you can say what you want but YOU did the work and was brought back to you more then once.......im just glad it was done right now and my only regret is that i didnt remove your kit sooner......what a waste of $400and if you were any type of credible business person you would allow me to return kit with a full refund

goldbergrx1 you are a piece of work for sure. You come in here spouting crap on every ECP post and then have the nerve to ask for your money back?

Why didnt you act like A man and maybe do that in the first place without bashing Freddie and his kits. If you were any type of reasonable person I am sure Freddie wouldve done something for you. He has been nothing but A straight up guy from day one on this forum helping many when their kits didnt perform and making them right.

I do not remember ever someone having A beef with Freddie like you do I truly believe there is more to this whole deal than you let on. I would really like to hear Freddies side of this story cause I doubt your side is complete.

You are A prime example of how some people can never be happy.

I dont blame Freddie one bit if he totally ignores you along with everyone else on this forum.

ALso you should add your location to your personal info AS IT IS A SITE RULE.

ECP KITS

I installed this kit on my Warrior I have been very happy with the kit it rocks. I even have people on this site ride it they said they couldnt beleive I was able to keep up with the Attak and Apexs. This kit works! :Rockon:

Mikey said:
goldbergrx1 you are a piece of work for sure. You come in here spouting crap on every ECP post and then have the nerve to ask for your money back?

Why didnt you act like A man and maybe do that in the first place without bashing Freddie and his kits. If you were any type of reasonable person I am sure Freddie wouldve done something for you. He has been nothing but A straight up guy from day one on this forum helping many when their kits didnt perform and making them right.

I do not remember ever someone having A beef with Freddie like you do I truly believe there is more to this whole deal than you let on. I would really like to hear Freddies side of this story cause I doubt your side is complete.

You are A prime example of how some people can never be happy.

I dont blame Freddie one bit if he totally ignores you along with everyone else on this forum.

ALso you should add your location to your personal info AS IT IS A SITE RULE.
LISTEN.... i dealt with freddie directly....the bottom line is if someone did work on your sled and you paid for it wouldnt you want it eventually fixed right......freddie never fixed it right, now i will say he did install a sleeve on my rear shock that i will say works awsome so i didnt bottom out........not to mention the other work my friends brought down to him that ...well.. i wont get into that........i just read how many guys have inconsistency with the kit, and it wouldnt be right for me not to say something.....you know what, forget the money....he can keep it, in fact ill give anyone what ever i have left of this kit free...........ive raced up against rx1 that have his kit and i totally killed them with the set up i have now all 285lbs of me....im not bashing freddie i'm simply stating facts .....now if you really want me to bash him i could go on to tell you other work that wasnt performed right on other peoples sleds, but i wont do that

Hi FREDDIE!!!! its Gary Oles (nosboy) I havent heard from you in a LONG TIME.. I suppose you GRADUATED to the 4 strokes and I like the smell of burning oil!!! its god to see that you're alive and well!!!! Keep up the good work!!!! Gary Oles nosboy

I had a similar bog when i installed the ecp kit.I did everything Freddie told me to even bought a sync guage and sync. carbs bog was still there.I was sure it was a lean bog so I richened up one clip on the needles.Bog gone and runs very very well.I have 7,000 miles on the kit . I also know the kit made more hp as I had to adjust the HH when done to get rid of the over rev.Also clutch your sled to run 10.400-10.600 most guys don't run enough rpms.Great kit love it.

Mine runs very consistant in no matter the conditions. I installed it covered the vents with pefilter material, and run the dog $hit out of it. It runs with alot of fuelie sleds no problem. Only difference is I am running my stock air horns in the filters. I'll never take mine off. Maxdlx

Also remember the no bashing part of the posting rules. It seems that lately some think it is ok to bash others for nothing more than personal bravada

maxdlx said:
Mine runs very consistant in no matter the conditions. I installed it covered the vents with pefilter material, and run the dog $hit out of it. It runs with alot of fuelie sleds no problem. Only difference is I am running my stock air horns in the filters. I'll never take mine off. Maxdlx

Also remember the no bashing part of the posting rules. It seems that lately some think it is ok to bash others for nothing more than personal bravada

DITTO!

Bought my kit from Matt when he still had the Sped shop and if I am not mistaken, I think mine is all CPR Simmons stuff. I think both kits are pretty similar. All I know is my sled runs like a raped ape in comparison to stock. Out of the hole and midrange there has not been a Cat or Doo (all my buddies) that can touch it INCLUDING a stock F1000.
Goldberg, maybe if you knew how to work on your own machine it would help. Not bashing...just saying so that you can KNOW what's going on and not be lost scratching your head wondering why it don't run right.
I am not a pro by any means but it was not rocket science to install the kit. Who did the install to begin with?

dowg I think you might be a little mis informed. I too got mine from Matt. My filters were from ECP and everything else was CPR. I think anyways

Back