• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ECP Stage 2

racesx

It has been about a year now and I thought it would be good to review.We all heard the quotes last year,they are too heavy,they are too slow etc.I have tested in stock trim,ECP K&N form,ECP Stage 2 and ECP Stage 2 with K&N filters.We have gone from not bad to right there and lastly OUT FRONT.Before I go on I would like to say this is in what I call mid size class-700 to 1000,if you want to play with 1050, 1108 etc get a Turbo.Last year when I did this work it was completed when we had a lot of snow and the gains were noticable.This year with the early absence of snow lake racing was at a premium and huge gains were abserved by all.This Sled on the same dyno goes from 134 stock to 150 without the K&N's(as I have not dynoed with K&N's and stage 2 yet). I will try cams with the above mentioned and then The Turbo as I am addicted to testing.
Anyway thanks Freddie
Racesx

You are very welcome Terry and thank you for the fine post on this great forum.

For those of you that do not know, racesx is a high performance shop owner and is very good friends with Dale Toole from Dalton Industries. Together they conduct a lot of testing and have provided some good product for a lot of racers. Terry is a man to admire.

Freddie Klies
www.easterncycleperf.com

Ok.

You guys have peaked my interest.

Freddie or Terry, what is an ECP Stage 2 without filters?

Is this some "magic work" that Freddie does in his shop on the engine or is it bolt on performance that Freddie makes and Terry installed? Or a combo of both.

Is it for trail use or straight line racing?

Did a search and only found one mention of it with no description.

Where is Terrys shop located in Bluenoser land and what is the name of it?
I am next door in N.B.

And of course, what does it cost in dollars and give up in other areas if any? [ie fuel mileage, backshift, higher octane need etc]

I like the idea of 150 HP with stock airbox as I am pretty sure I do not want the extra noise from the filters as I am a trail rider not a racer.

Enquiring minds want to know. :)

TIA

Dave

ECP Stage 2 RX1 engine package:
1. Perform leakdown and compression test on engine prior to disassembly.
2.If leakdown and comp. test show good, we disassemble the top end, remove the cylinder head, port cylinder head, perform intake valve mods, modify ignition for adjustability, clean cylinder head, assemble cylinder head and pre-shim valve lash to ECP spec.,install stock or aftermarket camshafts, slotted cam sprockets, degree cams, install custom made cylinder head gasket, synthetic oil, (yes contrary to popular belief synthetic oil is better for the RX1) new oil filter, rejet carburetors, install F5T Fitch Fuel Catalyst, get engine running, set all settings, synchronize carbs, etc. Perform some running time on jackstand, retorque everything and dynotune.

$2975.00

Package is perfectly trailable.

You are making a mistake in my opinion about our Air Kit. The underhood noise doesn't even come close to the wind blasting by your helmet at great speed!

With Air kit, add $238.65.
Aftermarket camshafts start at $650.00.

Terry is in Bible Hill, Nova Scotia.

I am located in Connecticut.
Freddie Klies
www.easterncycleperf.com

Riceburner,I use this sled for trail driving and playing on the lakes.When trail driving with a stock RX-1 and mine with 152.5 mains without K&N's and 160 mains with K&N's clutch to 98-99 fuel mileage is not sacrificed at all as we take the same amount of fuel at the pump. As Freddie mentioned, I use Dalton Clutch components. Also you will have more power at 8800 then stock at 10200(nice curve). Shop name is Fundy Power Sports (902)647-2250 Ask for Terry or Ray.
Enjoy
Racesx

Back