• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ecu help

Firepilot

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Apex
Looking for info on who can reprogram a factory ECU on a 2017 sidewinder OR if there is a reasonably priced stand alone unit available? I should add that I want to take this engine out of a sled and convert into something else.

You could probably reach out to any of the performance shops that offer tunes for the Sidewinder.

Looking for info on who can reprogram a factory ECU on a 2017 sidewinder OR if there is a reasonably priced stand alone unit available? I should add that I want to take this engine out of a sled and convert into something else.

You could probably reach out to any of the performance shops that offer tunes for the Sidewinder.

Absolutely your best move is to get a Tune from one of the vendors here on TY if you plan on keeping your stock turbo.
A standalone will cost you anywhere from $1200 to $2700 and only nessesary if you plan on going with a non stock turbocharger. Lots of work to get the tuning dialed in.

Motec is about $3000, that is the ultimate in tuning and safety features. The mitsu ECU in the winder is also very capable you just have to rely on a tuner to make changes.

Back