• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EFI for professional

wayne

Extreme
Anyone here of any rumors of EFI for the Professional for 08??

08 is supposed to be the the third year for Yamahas' big changes and rumor has it that they have some new suprises for next year..

The 120 will get EFI soon but the VKPro will be the last model to have it. It will no doubt be phased in on the FX chassis and perhaps on a Deltabox II chassis'ed Vector (like the Apex), then trickle down to the Ventures and after a while the VK Pro will get it as well.

You can count on the VK Pro getting a widened and slightly lengthened version of the RS Venture TF rear suspension before that happens and to be quite honest, taking steps to completely eliminate that lousy ProCraption rear skid from the line up is probably the best thing Yamaha could do - even before introducing EFI.

To update my post... now that I have seen that the Vector in the DBII chassis did NOT get EFI, the Ventures and VK's even further from having it!

I would say now that the 1050 is on the scene with EFI, the 973 simply won't ever see EFI in a performance sled before it's phased out. That does not make the EFI future for the Venture or VK Pro look very bright unless the EFI system from the 1050 could be easily adapted to fit the 973, i.e. carb placement similar, intake tract length similar, etc.

Either way I'd say the 973 is still a minimum of two model years away from having any sort of EFI system attached to it.

Back