• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Electric Sled!

Chris Rose

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder stx-DX with TD/Max 16 stock muffler
WEBSITE
chrisjrose2018@@gmail.com
I just read that a company in Montreal is taking orders for a battery powered sled. Starting around $15,000 us. With a 0-60 in 2.6 sec. I'm sure the noisy crowd won't like the quiet.

I just read that a company in Montreal is taking orders for a battery powered sled. Starting around $15,000 us. With a 0-60 in 2.6 sec. I'm sure the noisy crowd won't like the quiet.

:worth::worth:

If I could do pictures, I would. Go to Taiga electric snowmobile. There are 3 models and there are pictures.

Sounds good. Thanks!

Supertrax has already done a story on it over a week ago! Check out their website.

B61788AD-EFC8-445E-A157-5A453E681DE4.jpeg
90E37D9B-C2E7-405F-9CF1-232E27014270.jpeg

Looks pretty nice but 62 miles range would suck for me. Oh yea you can’t hang a turbo on it so it’s definitely a “NoGo” for me

62 miles? Lol I can just picture Bars and Restaurants with a row of charging stations.

62 miles? Lol I can just picture Bars and Restaurants with a row of charging stations.

I could barely ride it anywhere around me, I only have 1 "loop" that's under 50 miles near me. Seem like they should target the Ice fishing / Utility crowd first.

it might be targeted at the between market as there are no sleds between 200cc and 500cc any more. be perfect for a kid riding around a field or yard at home.

it might be targeted at the between market as there are no sleds between 200cc and 500cc any more. be perfect for a kid riding around a field or yard at home.

That’s pretty expensive for a kid to tool around the yard in.

I’m thinking an old SS440 would be sufficient, but these kids get to drive nicer cars that their parents drive....so whatever.

2.6 seconds is all I could probably last at -20 with that wind screen!

Its kinda for the eco crowd who deplore the dirty sleds. Useless for most sledders because they put more miles then that on in a single ride. Another down side is 80% charge is preferred as full charging the battery is hard on them and will destroy there charging ability in a short time. So the auto electric says. So 50 miles at a time and 20 min charge time with level three charging. It is the way of the future. Hopefully after my life time

the 180 hp model said its good for 140 km or around 85 miles extended range

Back