• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Electrical Maintenance

apeddigrew

Veteran
Hi Sled Heads, first visit in a while. I had an ignition relay fail last year leaving me to get towed for 20-25kms. I'm wondering if there is a list of recommended places to apply some di electric grease to try and avoid a repeat of this type of event.

Thanks All

Ap

Hi anyone, I have a 2009 Venture lite 800kms. It has remote starter. Runs fine except the tail litres go out when I apply the brakes. Turn off restart they come on but go off again when the brake is applied. Dc'd the remote starter thinking it was the issue but no difference? Any thoughts, thanks in advance.

might have a ground issue for that light.

might have a ground issue for that light.
I had the grounding block changed (recall) the light works fine when starting with the remote until you hit the throttle or brake then goes out. Same issue with a 2009 identical sled. I tried removing the remote starter and same issue. I also changed out the computer since I had a spare and no luck. I am stumped??

When you hit the brake, no lights work at all? No brake and tail light goes out? I would pull the tail light, disconnect it, check power output at the plug and test the tail light itself with a separate battery.

And I have to ask, you did check all fuses? No just look at them but actually check for continuity. Looks can be deceiving.

All done, fuses fine lights fine just something electrical shutting them down. I am believing its the remote starter unit since it seems to be the kill signal if the engine is revved or the brakes applied however the tail light won't turn on at all if I disconnect the remote unit. I am working with sled-start.com as well but they have never had this issue before, so they say?.

Sounds like the relay is losing its signal. I have no idea how the remote start works so I can't be of any help there. Maybe look at the schematics and trace all the way back.

What does it do when you just start it with the key?

Back