• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Elka shock for singleshot suspension

I run it on my 2015 SR viper stx dx 141 and love it good service and fast shipping I ordered it direct from them it came all set to my weight and ready to install

Let me preface this by saying I'm not sold on the rear air shock however have that many people really been stuck due to the failure of one?? I just bought an 11 se so I'm in the air camp currently whether I like it or not..

I've seen Float failures on sleds and other equipment....it does happen.
How prevalent is it??...dunno....

The risk of relying on a single air shock on a sled is clear and present....if it fails you could end up walking....and ruin a track.

Not looking for opinions on the fox air shock. Looking to see if anyone has the Elka shock in the singleshot suspension yet and feedback on it.
Thanks

IMG_20161206_175759566.jpg
Elka stage 4 installed! Waiting for snow.

View attachment 123567 Elka stage 4 installed! Waiting for snow.

I talked with someone at elka and they don't have a shock available for a 2016 apex 129. I am disappointed and surprised the shocks them self's are not the same. I also spoke with hygear and they claim that they are working on a package, and they claim the shocks are the same.
let as know how this works out for you.

Check the Yamaha part numbers between the two models and that will tell you if they will work.

View attachment 123567 Elka stage 4 installed! Waiting for snow.
I think your going to like that shock. Give us some back ground! How was the ride with the Air Shock and how was the suspension over all ? I like my mono in the Vectors but I have upgraded to the Hygear dual rate spring and It reacts much better. If I would upgrade to get the power steering not so sure I would like the Single Shot with the Air.

Back