• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Elka shock for singleshot suspension

It was listed before. I don't know why they removed it.
The rear spring is for 150-180 lb rider.
Built for riders weight.

Did you have the upgraded shock from Yamaha to try before this Elka? they say it makes a good difference over the OEM that came with Single Shot's.

Also did you take the skid out each time ...to remove and reinstall? how did you find out how it was to remove reinstall?

I bought the Elka before Yamaha come out with the upgraded shock. Changed shock with skid in chassis.

I bought the Elka before Yamaha come out with the upgraded shock. Changed shock with skid in chassis.

thanks...for the reply.. Elka should of tested that shock first and not you.

I tried talking with the guys from elka, didn't get the info I was looking for. Then I was directed to Accelerated Technologies. These guys know what is going on, I believe they are the testing grounds for elka anyway. They had answers that elka them selves did not. example elka said no shock was available for the 129 single shot, accelerated said yes.
I don't think anyone would be disappointed in calling accelerated technologies.

I tried talking with the guys from elka, didn't get the info I was looking for. Then I was directed to Accelerated Technologies. These guys know what is going on, I believe they are the testing grounds for elka anyway. They had answers that elka them selves did not. example elka said no shock was available for the 129 single shot, accelerated said yes.
I don't think anyone would be disappointed in calling accelerated technologies.

Accelerated must not of tested the coil over very well. To get the issues that 1nc2000 got.. Hygear said that about the Elka setup as well. Typical in that company's don't do the testing needed and it probably didn't take much to see the issues. Inc2000 wife rides that XTX.. doubt she's a big mogul jumper..

Other than the fitment issue the single shot Elka stage 4 is a great shock.
The performance of it is great.
The trails in the UP get hammered pretty good so we are not just smooth trail riders. She runs it thru the junk trails.

Other than the fitment issue the single shot Elka stage 4 is a great shock.
The performance of it is great.
The trails in the UP get hammered pretty good so we are not just smooth trail riders. She runs it thru the junk trails.

I would assume Elka has changed their Shock kit.. to include spacers,etc. Seems odd the same that Hygear charges twice as much.. They say their shock is bigger then Elkas.. and being smaller cavitates alot.. maybe for the average trail rider thats not a problem..

What scares me is the issues he had above with it ..shows it wasn't tested well. Also the website only shows stage 2 .. kind of Hoaky website spec's etc. shows to memthey lack control on their website and ordering as well.

I would go with Hygear for sure at this point but I can't buy one.. I have to have a shoulder replacement (arthritus) and will be out of work for 3 months..Self employed in a dying trade with no benefits. I work with my hands,etc so can't work due to tendons being cut. It's be a bitch trying to get money up again after 3 months of no work..
Ha..Golden years..is Bullsh**

Elka doesn’t make a shock for the 129 suspension which I find odd. Looks like the Hygear is the only replacement i can find. I haven’t found anybody on this site who has installed the Hygear. Like others, I’m curious how this shock performs.

Elka doesn’t make a shock for the 129 suspension which I find odd. Looks like the Hygear is the only replacement i can find. I haven’t found anybody on this site who has installed the Hygear. Like others, I’m curious how this shock performs.

You can call Elka. The shock for the XTX is the same shock for the 129.. but that for oem Fox XV .. the coil over presents problems with coil spring clearance. Hygear has the instructions for both I believe.

Anybody else on here running Elka shock in the singleshot suspension?

Back