• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Elka Stage 5

Soldier'spapa

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder Ltx LE 50th Anniversary
I have decided to add these shocks to the front of my "project Apex" this season. I had them valved to my weight and riding style and also calibrated to work with the new M-20 skid. They said they have valved before with the M-20 and should compliment it's shock valving well.

Anyone try these? I'm hoping I made a good choice...

Last edited:

I have decided to add these shocks to the front of my "project Apex" this season. I had them valved to my weight and riding style and also calibrated to work with the new M-20 skid. They said they have valved before with the M-20 and should compliment it's shock valving well.

Anyone try these? I'm hoping I made a good choice...

Heard nothing but great thing about the Elka shocks, SP. I think the only reason you don't hear/read more about them, is due to the price of them.

If I had the money, I'd run them too.

Keep us posted! I am certainly going to be doing shock work during next off season would like a good write up on these.

Keep us posted! I am certainly going to be doing shock work during next off season would like a good write up on these.

Will do.

Unfortunateley, my first opportunity to ride will be New Years.

I had ohlins on my venture . Adjustable shocks are great .fine tune for conditions

I was able to get out last weekend for the first ride. Wow... these shocks are silky smooth! All 3 clicker knob adjustments change the ride characteristics independently of the others. I am able to dial in these things for whatever type of riding I care to do. I like them much more than the float 2's with Hygear's dual pressure resi's I had prior. I hope they are durable... That would be the icing in the cake.

Nothing left of the OE suspension that identify it as an SE any longer. I think I'll be selling the Float shocks.

Last edited:
Doug, I have set of Elkas that need some attention. Who did your revalved?

Dave,

Wish I could tell you it was a site sponsor but can't. I got them from Ian at Monster Performance. He also set me up with "X" package KYB's for my wife's GSX SE (also a 4 stroke) that work great too.

http://www.monsterperf.com

PS... Glad you are recovering!

Last edited:
Wow did you really drop 2000$ or more on those shocks?? I checked out Elka's website I'd love to grab Stage 2 shocks all around but even that is like 1500$ More in my range though adjust compression and rebound. Please keep writing more info I will be keeping a close watch on this thread.

Yeah, they are a little pricey... $1595.00 usd. I initially wanted the Zbroz Exit X2's but they were unavailable for the Apex front... only the X1's. I wanted rebound so opted to spend a little more $$$. Because of the Apex shorter front suspension stroke the shocks were built with dual rate springs instead of triple's.

These shocks combined with the new M-20 have made for one sweet riding Apex!

Last edited:
I had a m20 and ohlins on my venture , hang on baby . What bumps

Elka raised the price ... I looked at site $1899 and from what I've heard no changes from last years shocks

Back