• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

End of VK Professional II

Mr Y

Extreme
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Yamaha Apex TTX - 2014
Yamaha Venture MP - 2010
(ATV ) Yamaha Grizzly 450 eps- 2016
Hi

Is 2020 the last year with VK Professional II ?

I'd say highly unlikely. but I note you are in Sweden. It maybe that it won't be seen in Sweden next year but the model was just reworked in 2018 and is still a pure Yamaha Japanese sled. If you really want to wind them up on TY start the rumor that Yamaha is dropping the VK to turn the assembly plant over to the production of a new high performance 100% Yamaha sled that makes a Sidewinder look like a Bravo.

Why do you ask?

It was a man working with BRP told this to me. A was little suprised of this

I know yamaha remake VK eps last year.

I hope yamaha will relaese a new model of venture mp. A Light work model.

i think they are counting on the vk540 to take the place of the mp/venture lite.

The MP is not gone, it's just not here. There is a table at the beginning of the 2020 Snowmobile Tech Update that Cannondale recently posted that details all sleds produced and where they are sold. The MP is alive and well in Russia and Japan. The Russians had a lot of input into the redesign
of the VK. Don't ask me how I know because I think the source was the internet. It may be that they are keeping the model going there while they give it a make over. That is idle speculation which is widespread here on TY, just seldom acknowledged as such.

If anything it might be the Transporter that is supposed to fill the niche but I think that model makes no sense in the line up, especially as a utility sled. There are a few of us who stand steadfast to defend the MP against her detractors. However, I would lose the electronic shift which has never worked reliably , anytime, ever, for no one and if they say it did they are lying(please take that in the spirit in which it is intended and don't unfriend me). I'd also lengthen the track and have it articulate. Finally, put 9 inch skis on it.

The MP and the Phaser(which is dead in all markets) were solid sleds but Yamaha failed to refresh these long existing models which I think could be more profitable than starting all over. I think the VK540 and the VK Pro prove it. I hope that is what they have up their sleeves for the MP.

The MP is/was a good sled and I loved mine but I needed more creature comforts. A light bush sled it's not despite its intended purpose. And yes, that awful reverse system has to go. Hated it with a passion. The mechanical reverse in my RS GT is heaven. If it weren't for the fact I'm selling it, I would have bypassed it.

There's obviously a market for an MP type sled that's not a purely work sled like the VK's. And the Transporter, anybody seen them? Nobody is talking about them.

i know they sold one transporter here as the dealer did have one in stock at beginning of season. hoping to hear how some one like one.

My local dealer said they sold a couple. That is probably about two more than they sold Sidewinders. Not kidding, that is the market up here. The Transporter has the track length/articulation that I advocated for the MP. What it doesn't have is a rear seat and a 4stroke engine. The 2,25 inch lug track seems off to me.

Here is what I don't get ... if you are ok with 2 stroke why not a VK540 for $1100 less and it comes with a windshield, the Transporter's doesn't cut it.
If you want two up the Venture is only $900 more and it has EPS. If you want it all the VK Pro has it all, including EPS, 20 inch articulated long track, heated under seat storage. These are just my own partially informed and completely biased opinions.

How did I forget to mention ICE BOOGERS when I was yacking on about the MP. I have the exhaust turn outs on the VK and there is absolutely no tunnel icing issues. The reworked MP should get the same treatment.

Back