• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine warning light coming on at times

jromain

I have an 2009 Apex LTXGT
at times my triangle warning light comes on and the engine symbole is displained on the screen, the engine goes to an idle, I have to shut down the engine and restart in order to reset.

this problem occures only at times example once every 250 miles.
has anyone seen or hurd of this problem and how can I retrieve the logged codes.

:4STroke:

Thanks
Jocelyn

its warmer now so the warnings will happen much quicker. try getting some snow to fly, it'll cool down.

Yeah, you might be getting an overheat warning light. It doesn't flash a code. Check your owner's manual and match the symbol to see if it is or not.

I had two guys with this error. Both were NOT the same thing. One was over heating so we put in more vents and that was that. The other one had cook alot of wires. Yamaha give him a new sled it would have cost yamaha more to fix it then give a new one. Yamaha told me they still dont know y it did that.

I just had this happen to me this Sunday... Twice on the very last day of riding. I stopped by the Yami dealer on the way home and they pulled up the history. It was 20 and 30. The mechanic looked it up and the book said it was a low oil pressure warning. We check the oil again, it was just above "E". He thinks the the sensor is sensitive. Not sure where a litre+ of oil went in 2500 km but... that will be a summer problem.

Tycho998 said:
I just had this happen to me this Sunday... Twice on the very last day of riding. I stopped by the Yami dealer on the way home and they pulled up the history. It was 20 and 30. The mechanic looked it up and the book said it was a low oil pressure warning. We check the oil again, it was just above "E". He thinks the the sensor is sensitive. Not sure where a litre+ of oil went in 2500 km but... that will be a summer problem.

- HMMMM???
- Funny you say that...when mine came on, I was looking all over as to why and just happened to pull my sensor.
- When I pulled it, there was a "drop" of oil down in there. I dabbed it dry, waited for the sled to cool down ('cuz I still thought it was running hot) and away I went.

- 1st...how would oil get into there?
- 2nd...maybe the sensor is a little sensitive????

If im reading correctly monte1214, you are thinking that the oil tank is the coolant overflow. The silver tank with a dipstick,which has a plug on it is the oil tank and yours needs oil quick!

The Oil sensor is also your dipstick. Pull it again and look at the side of it and you will see the the levels...and there should be lots of oil on it.

Back