• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EPC kit with stock airbox horns

Charged RTX

Expert
Has anyone tried this? I have heard that it make more power. Kind of a large version of the velocity rings. I think it was Dyno Ray that told me with just filters you can not make much more than 165 hp. I know that he runs them up there.

stk air horn,s

that,s what i have been runing it work,s realy well. with out any loss of top end that some have had with just the air fillter.s. ;)!

filters

Aren't you running the apex? Ray, John are running the RX-1's.
Jetting for an elevation of approx. 1100ft. 170's- 175's.

jet,s

i am running 172.5 main,s but i am also runing dyno ray,s cam,s and a .010 head gasket with the stk head and exh .

has anyone tried messing with differnet velsoity stacks inside the airbox on the 03-04 or other rx-1's? i know they make a difference in street bikes with the same airbox set up..the rule of thumb goes:

longer stacks- more bottom end pull
shorter stacks- more top end

it would be interesting if the same applies to sleds as well. the K&N set up looks great, but the stock airbox SHOULD direct the air flow better to the carbs AND keep the air cooler than open air filters. i was kicking around the idea of making a small ram air set up for the stock airbox, just to see what happens......

;)!

Back