• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Evac help

Custom Rx1

Expert
can any one give me good pis of a evac setup and hoe to put one in and where to start. I just run the open filter on the hose now. Thanks :Rockon:

Here's mine...there's lots of others if you do a quick search.

I used the stock hoses so it's alittle cobbled together but it works..

Attachments

• EVAC.jpg
    EVAC.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 152
Heres Mine just installed it so have no idea if it works...

Attachments

• 100_1039 [320x200].JPG
    100_1039 [320x200].JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 146
Looks good guys!! what do you have to stop moisture from freezing? stock catch can. pcv...

YEP;
If you run it out the Bottom like I did, mounting an old Yamaha snow flap helps to trap a little heat and it Will Not Freeze Up......as mine never.

But the best way is up and over to the factory catch can, I believe that works the best :Rockon:

Attachments

• evac2.jpg
    evac2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC01599.JPG
    DSC01599.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC01598.JPG
    DSC01598.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 137
Thanks BOUNTYHUNTER if i get the ECP kit i will use the stock catch can with a drain and the bottom!

Justin

does the stock catch can have to have a drain added, i did mine like "marc" did , i would assume it would just run back into the motor if theres build up

I've got two seasons on mine now with the stock catch can routed as MARC's with zero problems. There is no need to drain the stock catch can...if there was a need Yamaha would have put one in lol.

now that i did the ecp and the evac sled uses oil, from full to the light comming on in about 100 miles sleds behind me complain of it smelling like burning oil, is the evac mod sucking oil causing it to use or did the rings just take a poop, 2003 with 3200 miles, the breather that came with the ecp was makeing a mess is why i added the evac , leaning towards its gota be the evac, i think im going to put back on the little filter and see if solves the problem , any opinions?

The evac is routed exactly the same as the stock setup with the vent in the airbox...it might provide a small amount more suction but not enough to drain the engine. How big of a mess was the little filter making??

Back