• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

evac question

DAGE

Expert
Country
Other
Snowmobile
06 Attak
I was out yesterday and noticed the belt was slipping, I thought it was my secondary that wasn't tight enough until it got really bad, when I opened the hood and looked at the clutches they were covered in oil, I assume the evac hose froze up and blew oil all over the place, I've read that the oil comes from the valve cover gasket but my question is do I need to replace that gasket now or can I just unfreeze the hose and keep riding

Kyle

DAGE said:
I was out yesterday and noticed the belt was slipping, I thought it was my secondary that wasn't tight enough until it got really bad, when I opened the hood and looked at the clutches they were covered in oil, I assume the evac hose froze up and blew oil all over the place, I've read that the oil comes from the valve cover gasket but my question is do I need to replace that gasket now or can I just unfreeze the hose and keep riding

Kyle

The rubber valve cover gaskets are reuseable. I wouldn't bother replacing it. If you loop your evac hose upward over the filters condensation and water will not be able to get in there and freeze.

Freddie

I just rerouted everything like this pic I found, I keep reading about a slit in one of the hoses should I put one in mine, if so which hose should have it

Kyle

Attachments

• evac.jpg
    evac.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 139
Yamaha's fix for RX1's that push oil is to put a slit in the hose as low as possible. The only thing I see that doing is making amess of your bellypan. Looping the hose up like in that picture will prevent to oil from travelling up due to gravity.

I left the slit in mine....until I noticed it was oiling the front of my engine compartment...and my primary. I've since sealed the slit and everything works fine.

My set-up came with a down spout on the T so that you can open a valve and let water out while it's warm...no idea if that's a god thing or not, but it works as far as I know. I did however remove that little silencer/air box that comes off the evac....would that affect anything?

Back