• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Evac : Stock oil collector can or no?

Jack_Shaft

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Just wondering if many of you have kept the stock oil CCV oil catch can and plumbed that into the evac set-up.

I have seen both options and currently use the non-catch can evac set-up, but I'd rather avoid the milky mess in the downpipe.

Since the CCV operates with the filters OR the airbox installed and I have yet to see any milky residue in the airbox itself, I am curious to reinstall the catch can and let that work as it did before.

Any particular advantages/disadvantages?

-JS

Otis, not mine, but exactly the same.

Attachments

• good_evac_routing.jpg
    good_evac_routing.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 195
Old post back from the dead.

So you went from crank case to stock breather. From there to a T for each filter.

Does this solve the possible freeze issues? What about oil in the carbs on a rollover issue? dang I'm confused on that is the proper set up.

I ran mine like that for all of last season with zero problems. Not one freeze up, no oiling issues..nothing. Works perfect. I don't think I had my sled right upside down (rare for me..lol) so I'm not sure on the oil in carb issue..

Yeah I don't plan for a roll over but if it happens I don't want another problem to face on top of how PO'ed I will be that I rolled it in the first place! LOL

You run the stock hose with the slit in it from the breather to the "T" or just any hose will work?

Marc I found this from Freddie:

What you need to purchase are 2 - 3/4" elbows, 2 - 3/4" "T's", 2 - 3/4" ID rubber grommets and about 3 to 4 feet of 3/4" ID hose in your choice of color. What I do is, I took an old socket that mic's just under the diameter of the groove on the grommets in an effort to provide a very slight interefence fit to the elbow. I then sharpened it to a razor edge on my lathe, (a belt sander or bench grinder will do as well) I then take a small block of wood and put it behind and inside the air filters. I then put a short extension into the sharpened socket and wack it with a hammer against the block of wood. Performing the hole mod in this manner produces an extremely clean cut hole with no burrs. It work very well.

Now insert your rubber grommets into the holes in each filter, next insert the 90 degree elbows in a manner so they face each other. Next, install the filters to the carbs and put the "T" in place for mockup and measure from the elbow to the "T". Cut 2 pieces of hose and slide everything together. The "T" will be standing verical just as it is typed here. Cut another piece of hose and extended it down long enough to reach about 1/2" from halway down the front of the battery. Install the second "T" laying on its side. (I--) Next, insert the top extension of the "T" into the hose from the other "T". Cut another piece of hose long enough to extend down infront of the battery, approximately 1 or 2 inches below the battery. Insert a one way PCV valve into the lower end of the hose and slide the other end onto the "T". Next you will cut a piece of hose long enough to reach from the steel tube to the remaining extension of the "T". There is no need to use hoseclamps, but I have noticed that some riders use ty-wraps (zip ties) at every junction. It is not an absolute requirement however.

This should get you rockin' and rollin"!

Going out to pickup what I need ,but in the pictures it looks like three elbows and one "T" or is the one coming out of the "T" going to the can a PCV or a elbow????

Back