• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Everyone that got to Demo an Apex ..........

SRXSRULE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Ok, After you got to ride the sled, what surprised you, what did you like and what didnt you like? Is there anything you plan to change once you get your sled based on the demo ride?

I'll start :)
My Demo ride was just 16 days ago....So its still fresh in my mind.
I had a nice spring storm put down 30-48" of powder and made for a very good test.
Suprised....How nimble the sled feels and how tight it will carve for a 162
Like.... Throttle Responce, Skis, Track, and Handle bar height.....So nice.
Didnt like... Ah, in good powder, No dislikes at all.

Changes.... Skid plate and left side throttle, Thats it!

This 10 min Demo ride saved me atleast 2 grand that I planed to spend on it this fall, just because I figured it would need it.

So lets hear it. ===SRXSRULE===

Attachments

• apex5.jpg
    apex5.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 132

I thought the clutching was a little off on the engagement on the sled that I rode (which obviosly is an easy fix for either Yamaha or the buyer to tune to their preference). Other than that I think it was spot-on to what we have all been asking for - and then some.

I think this track will become the 'standard' for mountain sleds much like the Ripsaw is the 'standard' for the riders back east.

One thing that I know I will not like if I pick one up this fall is the wind protection. -10 to -20 nights heading into the cabin would be no fun on a stock Apex Mtn. Again - this is more of a rider/personal preference thing.

Thought the sled was awsome!!!! Throttle response was great, more grunt down low than the RX-1. Felt much lighter than the '05 RX-1 and handled better, even with the 162 x 16 track. Bar position was excellent. This sled will not take much tinkering with to spank all other sleds, except for turbo or supercharged RX-1 or Vector.
I would love to have one, but wife would kill me, plus having to much on '03 modified RX-1 and not ready to part with it yet. Plus the dealership I work for is going to demo one next year, so I will break it in and take it for demo rides!!!!

Good idea for a thread!

Unfortunately, :o| I didn't have the chance to ride it but here is what I want to do :

1 - Battery Relocation
2 - Front Fox Float shocks (if I get a good price for the stock ones)
3 - Exhaust (I don't know which one yet)
4 - MPI A-Arm
5 - Drop down bracket
6 - Punch track
7 - Remove sway bar (if it doesn't affect too much the handling on trails)
8 - Remove Parking brake

SCAM Stage 1 is very appealing but a lot of $$$ in CDN fund... :ORC

Errol

What size of holes are you going to put in the track (number six on your list)?

What pattern?

3-2-3 pattern
1 inch or 1.25 inch holes. Not sure yet!
I will make up my mind when I see the new track!

Keep us posted on the holy track. I want to do it, but am worried about track life...

For me : #1 is Thicker headgasket
#2 Is M.P.i.supercharger stage 2
#3 is Custom Paint
#4 Ride , Ride Ride ........ :Rockon:

I was suprised by how easy it was to stand up while riding. I found myself standing more than sitting, it was so natural to ride like this, it was easy. The other pleasant suprise was the sled being able to take the diggers and not throw me.

No plans to modify, I might add studs after riding it for a while.

The sled I purchased was the GT.

Only thing I would change is

#1 Add a Turbo with about 15lbs of boost. ;)!
#2 Wider skis (C&A's)
#3 Instead of a storage compartment in the back I would rather have a snapin unit that I could take off if I wanted.

sledheadgeorge said:
Only thing I would change is

#1 Add a Turbo with about 15lbs of boost. ;)!
#2 Wider skis (C&A's)
#3 Instead of a storage compartment in the back I would rather have a snapin unit that I could take off if I wanted.

Wider skis? Have you seen the mountain Skis in person? They are wider then any ski C&A makes. I have tried every Powder ski on the market and Have never seen this much flotation. ===SRXSRULE===

Sorry, but I did not have the mountain model. Only rode the trail models.

Thats what I thought. PS....this is the mountain forum and we are talking about the Apex Mountain. ===SRXSRULE===

Back