• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Excell Sidewinder Exhaust and Power up kit for sidewinder

Buster696

VIP Member
This past weekend I stopped over to Excell Motorsports here in central New York and put his latest exhaust offering on my Sidewinder LE that I purchased from Aaron.

I saw this and had to have this… This is a tunable power kit with a PC5 Power Commander and the Excell Exhaust for the Sidewinder. Kit offers you to choose your HP you want to put down. Base power is 210hp-ish but can go all the way past 250hp+

Went out yesterday for my first run with this kit for quick 50+mi ride with the wife and her Vector and this is what I learned with this kit. No drone noise like an Apex Exhaust. I asked the wife several times if she even noticed I had an aftermarket exhaust and she said, no… didn’t even notice it. At trail speeds 35~60+mph it sounds like a muffled Viper Exhaust. When you punch the throttle at the times I could hit the higher speeds that we were on and had enough room and get some boost and mph on this kit, it wakes up quick, really quick. The Excell exhaust sounds awesome like a V-8 pickup with a tuned exhaust. I’ve gotten used to the stock power, but this brings it to another level. I could only put a little over a ¼ turn before I hit over 9000~9100 rpm. This kit is 250+ hp, but the clutching I’m using needs heaver weight (no they are not the stock weights) with the flyweights I’m using. It really can’t get enough clutch weight to the sled. I’m looking forward to the next ride. It’s acting like a 260+ hp sled, just incredible.

Talking with Aaron at Excell, he's close to having the clutching 100% set and ready for all of us soon.

--Buster696--

Attachments

• D1.jpg
    D1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 803
  • E1.jpg
    E1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 874
  • E2.jpg
    E2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,244
  • E3.jpg
    E3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 762
  • PC5.jpg
    PC5.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 747

Can you just turn the dial on the fly then to adjust horsepower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hat seems like a nice set up, if I'm understand this correctly ther is no flashing of the ecu ? Just the controll knob adjuster on top of your dash pod ? Plus equast etc.

Sounds great. Love to hear that exhaust. Is doing the programmer a safe alternative to a ecu flash? Is the cost about the same ?

Hat seems like a nice set up, if I'm understand this correctly ther is no flashing of the ecu ? Just the controll knob adjuster on top of your dash pod ? Plus equast etc.

Correct, no ECU re-flash. Just turn the dial up or down depending on what you want to do, trail or lake.

--Buster696--

Sounds great. Love to hear that exhaust. Is doing the programmer a safe alternative to a ecu flash? Is the cost about the same ?

Absolutely, great sound. No ECU flash, I'd contact Aaron at Excell for cost of the kit. Great guy

--Buster696--

no timing adjustment...pc5 is basically an electronic jet system...the dial boost is a manual boost controller where different size when dialing of the device (orifice) creates a different signal than stock (more or less) to control boost..so it can go the other way and turn boost down to 9 psi or up to 13 psi?

no timing adjustment...pc5 is basically an electronic jet system...the dial boost is a manual boost controller where different size when dialing of the device (orifice) creates a different signal than stock (more or less) to control boost..so it can go the other way and turn boost down to 9 psi or up to 13 psi?

Yes, the system adjusts boost with the dial. PC5 works with the fuel and also pressure from the manifold per the fuel mapping. PC5 is a very slick product.

--Buster696--

Back